Why are some people against pre order bonuses?

#1darkness1018Posted 9/4/2014 5:12:44 PM
I've read a few topics about DLC & noticed some are against pre order bonuses, why? If you are getting the game day 1 anyway, pre ordering cost you nothing extra, you get free bonuses & you can pay it off over time if you pre order early. I pre order everything at Game stop that I know I'm gonna get day 1 to get the bonus they give.

Also, it's FREE, it's costing the buyer nothing. It also gives an incentive to pre order. Personally I enjoy the bonus pre order stuff.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 GT: Gambit1018
Systems I own: PS3, PS4, PSP, Original Xbox, XB1
#2Reel_Big_MikePosted 9/4/2014 5:19:09 PM
A lot of weird completionists don't like it when there's a different bonus exclusive to every retailer. I buy a lot of games, 99% on day one and I always preorder from Amazon. There's nothing to lose so I agree with you TC. It's good for the devs/publishers b/c they can get a better feel for potential sales and lock down people's money, and it's good for us because we gets extra little stuff they likely wouldn't have otherwise bothered making.
---
Note to GFAQs mods: You do an absolutely terrible job at modding trolling. Get better at it and give harsher punishments for it.
#3MertensCWPosted 9/4/2014 5:20:24 PM
Pre orders bonus have always been good when it wasn't in-game stuff cut out and then re-labeled a "Bonus" or worse day one dlc.

Let it be a cloth map, medallion,etc.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
#4gamefaqwatcherPosted 9/4/2014 5:23:14 PM
darkness1018 posted...
Also, it's FREE, it's costing the buyer nothing. It also gives an incentive to pre order. Personally I enjoy the bonus pre order stuff.

See that's the problem. If it's free then why wasn't it already on the disc? However i can't argue with the incentive, that's how they succeed in pulling it off. I enjoy the physical pre-order stuff. The other stuff doesn't make me quick to pre-order.

Speaking of buying day one. I picked up LR returns this week and it came with all the pre-order bonuses. Did i cheat?
---
You're the hero Gamefaqs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
#5casper316Posted 9/4/2014 5:24:32 PM
MertensCW posted...
Pre orders bonus have always been good when it wasn't in-game stuff cut out and then re-labeled a "Bonus" or worse day one dlc.

how do you know the stuff was cut from the game just because it's in game or day one dlc. don't you think they had the content planned a head of time, and just added it after the game went to press.
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#6SRR CapdownPosted 9/4/2014 5:26:18 PM
Yeah I think people are annoyed when it's like quests/missions. Actual content. Weapons and Armour and toehr bits are fine.
---
Fire Bucket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/ron.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/BtJ6F.gif
#7casper316Posted 9/4/2014 5:26:56 PM
gamefaqwatcher posted...
darkness1018 posted...

See that's the problem. If it's free then why wasn't it already on the disc? However i can't argue with the incentive, that's how they succeed in pulling it off. I enjoy the physical pre-order stuff. The other stuff doesn't make me quick to pre-order.

Speaking of buying day one. I picked up LR returns this week and it came with all the pre-order bonuses. Did i cheat?

again how do you know they didn't make that content after the game went to press. after the developer sends the game to press they can not add anymore code to it.
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#8gamefaqwatcherPosted 9/4/2014 5:29:13 PM
They have the ability to think ahead of time. To plan the incentive.
---
You're the hero Gamefaqs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
#9darkness1018(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 5:31:14 PM
MertensCW posted...

I miss those days too. I remember back in HS, I pre ordered Arc the Lad collection for PS1 & the bonus was a cool pocket watch. But I never used it, so I also enjoy the bonus DLC since I know I'll get some fun from it.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 GT: Gambit1018
Systems I own: PS3, PS4, PSP, Original Xbox, XB1
#10crynryanPosted 9/4/2014 5:43:42 PM
I honestly don't care for most of them. For most shooters, the weapons they give you I don't ever realize they're there or they're not way better than most of the other weapons so I never use them.

When it's things like in Gears where they lock characters away from you, it starts getting bad. Or things like when they locked away Ranger mode in Metro Last Light unless you preordered.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)