Hey we like PS4/WiiU, why doesn't Japan like Xbox One?

#11lunchbox2042Posted 9/4/2014 5:54:11 PM
They're racist. If it isn't made by a Japanese company, they don't like it.
#12mygoodluckcharmPosted 9/4/2014 5:55:11 PM
rafa0506 posted...
mygoodluckcharm posted...
Maybe because they understand quality?
iPhone is a success there, so there goes anti-american brand argument.

The Japanese dont see the iphone as just an American product, because half of the parts are manufactured in Japan. Also they would rather the iphone do well than the Korean Samsung.

http://ajw.asahi.com/article/sci_tech/technology/AJ201210060045

By the same argument, you could say that Xbox is chinesse product since it's component made in chinesse right? Regardless of where it's made, I still think that iPhone is more identifiable with american company. Ordinary people won't give a crap about where it's made. They only see products as brand and I think they know that Apple is american company. Let's not forget that japanese have their own phone brand too like Sony Experia in which your argument can't explain why this phone is sold less than iPhone even though it's their national product.
#13rafa0506Posted 9/4/2014 5:59:50 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
They are loyal to their country big time. Try and sell American cars in Japan, it won't happen. That's why you see Ford and Chevy tie in with Toyota, Mazda...so on to just get a piece of the market.

If you want to learn how the Japanese do business read Land of the Rising Sun by Micheal Crighton . Just skip to the end where he talks about Japan.
---
Because Batman is a talentless hack with no powers that needs to hide like a girl to avoid getting shot to s***.dastoOge
#14rafa0506Posted 9/4/2014 6:15:12 PM
rafa0506 posted...

The Japanese dont see the iphone as just an American product, because half of the parts are manufactured in Japan. Also they would rather the iphone do well than the Korean Samsung.

By the same argument, you could say that Xbox is chinesse product since it's component made in chinesse right? Regardless of where it's made, I still think that iPhone is more identifiable with american company. Ordinary people won't give a crap about where it's made. They only see products as brand and I think they know that Apple is american company. Let's not forget that japanese have their own phone brand too like Sony Experia in which your argument can't explain why this phone is sold less than iPhone even though it's their national product.

The japanese phones do well in Japan. The iphone just benefited from "Japanese Fever". The Japanese love fads and when something becomes popular everyone jumps on the bandwagon. The iphone wasnt popular at first, after articles like the one I posted came out then it became popular. Why do you think Samsung one of the most popular phone companies in the world cant sell in Japan. Its because its a Korean company in direct competition with a Japanese industry. Of course it isnt black and white and there are exceptions.But the Japanese tend to trust and back products made by Japanese.
---
Because Batman is a talentless hack with no powers that needs to hide like a girl to avoid getting shot to s***.dastoOge
#15bgwilly255Posted 9/4/2014 6:17:37 PM

iPhones are made in Japan.
---
GT: Kalashnikov X - Looking for Diablo 3 players; Xbox One
8/24/2014 The day that Laylow12 posted a positive message on the Xbox One board.
#16rafa0506Posted 9/4/2014 6:22:39 PM
rafa0506 posted...

By the same argument, you could say that Xbox is chinesse product since it's component made in chinesse right?

You missed the point of the article. Its not that they see the iphone as a Japanese product,they dont. Its that by supporting the iphone , you are supporting a sector of Japanese manufacturing.
---
#17hotmj023Posted 9/4/2014 6:22:54 PM
If Japan treated their customers the same way M$oft does they'd have went though many, MANY CEOs via harakiri.
---
FF7 - 8.9
ff13 - 7.0 - Majority rules
#18vigorm0rtisPosted 9/4/2014 6:41:40 PM
It's not anti-American, it's a preference for all things Japanese over all things foreign. This doesn't extend to cultural imports (barring our interpretations of Godzilla), but as a rule, the Japanese consume their own product if they have an option.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#19mygoodluckcharmPosted 9/4/2014 6:43:20 PM
rafa0506 posted...
rafa0506 posted...

The japanese phones do well in Japan. The iphone just benefited from "Japanese Fever". The Japanese love fads and when something becomes popular everyone jumps on the bandwagon. The iphone wasnt popular at first, after articles like the one I posted came out then it became popular. Why do you think Samsung one of the most popular phone companies in the world cant sell in Japan. Its because its a Korean company in direct competition with a Japanese industry. Of course it isnt black and white and there are exceptions.But the Japanese tend to trust and back products made by Japanese.

The japanese don't hate the korean as much as you might think though. Take a look, Samsung phones are second and third best selling android phone in Japan just behind sony experia.
http://www.techinasia.com/sony-market-doubles-japan-xperia/

Okay anyway, my point is MS failures in capturing japanese market does not have anything to do with any xenophobic or anti-american myth. They just failed at making a product that caters to japanese market, plain and simple.
And of course they would trust their own product, they're one of leading electronics manufaturer in the world after all. I trust and would buy their products too even though I am not japanese.
#20AwayFromHerePosted 9/4/2014 6:46:09 PM
The most popular thing MS released in Japan was the MSX, selling nearly 10 million units. Then MS just abandoned it and left it to die.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.