Does PS4 really run games that much better than XBO?

#31SabramPosted 9/4/2014 8:24:14 PM
I'll never take someone seriously on this board who is using a pretty obvious troll account. With an account that's 4 years old and only 272 Karma, he's either been modded a hell of a lot, or he only logs onto this alt to be a troll.

That much karma means he'd only have logged in once every 5 days at most. Considering how often i see posts by this joker lately though, you know it isn't the case. 66 active messages means he's around quite often posting nonsense on this account. It also proves he browses the board more than once every five days, and likely only posts his trolling on this account.

As for the disparity of the consoles "evening out" over time. I'm sorry but what do you think will happen? That MS will improve the resource management enough to pull parity with weaker hardware, while Sony sits on their hands and doesnt do anything to improve how the PS4 functions? If anything the opposite has been shown to be true in the past, with PS3 games gaining greater ground in visuals than the 360 did over the same timeframe.

Mine you I would expect the differences to be LESS over time between the two than they are now, as MS is a software company and Sony is a hardware company, MS should be able to make greater gains over time than Sony in developing the console software to work cleaner and more efficiently. There is a factual difference in the strength of the hardware though that no amount of prioritizing or resource shuffling can overcome. If nothing else it means Sony has to do less than MS in optimizing their software to get the same results, where you'll only achieve parity in the games, but never superiority.

Given the same OS tweaks and development of a game with the same care on both platforms, the PS4 version will always run cleaner or better simply because of hardware.

The cloud will not and cannot be an answer to this problem, as games cannot be made primarily to function with it in mind, since internet outages, variable speeds, and a lot of people just flat out not having reliable, static internet will simply not be able to utilize it. If a game is built with cloud tech in mind to make it run better, then will it run at all if the internet goes out, or will it devolve into an unplayable or ugly mess? What about folks on a budget that can only afford internet speeds of < 5mbps? How will they be able to utilize the cloud? Will their single player games them have issues with latency or lag? I can't see that going over well.

MS grossly over-estimated the internet capabilities of their largest market, the US. On average the US has some pretty abysmal internet speeds, averaging about 10mbps. Some people get much higher speeds, like those with Google Fiber, but others get much lower speeds, like people living out in the boonies with bad satillite or DSL connections. Heck i think some folks around the states still utilize dial-up.

It's a common though to eliminate as many variables for a static performance in things such as electronics as possible. Microsoft failed in that analysis and decided to only cater towards people with the higher end internet speeds when they started to work on the Cloud tech that so many are banking on "saving" the Xbone and making it superior. Sony did the right thing in that regard in just making their hardware overall more balanced and non-bottlenecked as possible.
---
Dark Souls 2 + Dragon's Crown crossover game needs to happen.
PSN: Sabram - NNID: Sabram - Gamertag: Sabram
#32WeirdShroomPosted 9/4/2014 8:25:22 PM
Well, I can't possibly make you look any dumber than you just made yourself look.

Congratulations.

You lose.

Good day, Sir.
---
GT: BxB402 - "Virtual High Five!" - Xbox Live Chat Support
#33DirkMcGurkinPosted 9/4/2014 8:26:37 PM
Recent multiplats look identical.
---
Gamertag : Dirk McGurkin
#34SabramPosted 9/4/2014 8:28:21 PM
WeirdShroom posted...
Well, I can't possibly make you look any dumber than you just made yourself look.

Congratulations.

You lose.

Good day, Sir.

"You lost the argument because I said so, no other reason needed"

Well then, I'll apply the same logic. You lose because you have NO argument, just fanboy bias and illusion. Nice use of a Willy Wonka quote though, I'll give you that.
---
#35L96A1BOSSPosted 9/4/2014 8:35:46 PM(edited)
WeirdShroom posted...

Congratulations.

You lose.

Good day, Sir.

Juice box you have a account older than mine with only 272 karma what a joker you a troll. Look you too rap up in your silliness to even notice the jokes on you.
---
Board User Level 34: Icon [-_-]
#36SabramPosted 9/4/2014 8:36:23 PM
L96A1BOSS posted...
WeirdShroom posted...

Congratulations.

You lose.

Good day, Sir.

Juice box you have a account older than mine with only 270 karma what a joker you a troll.

You account is a more believable one. You're only missing 50 total Karma, give or take.

Mine for instance, is just over 7 years old, and my average days per login is 1.23. Not bad considering that there was a time for nearly a year i didnt have internet.
---
#37WeirdShroomPosted 9/4/2014 8:37:48 PM
FYI, this is my only account. Is not my first. and I come HERE to post in little bursts with long down times. I stick around for a few days or sometimes weeks then go away for months at a time. I'm kind of like an STD on this board, except not quite as bad as some of you ponies that never go away and mix your BS in with poorly understood technical jargon(you probably got from someone else) to falsely give PS4 some kind of big advantage.

I spend time on other boards, but this one is my special buddy currently because of the vast amount of Sony Fanboys here.

I'd rather be labled a troll(which is half right) than be a biased unpaid shill like the lot of the regulars around here. DNMT and Laylow especially. Those two goons have been here still at it every time I come back since the consoles were announced.
---
#38WeirdShroomPosted 9/4/2014 8:40:41 PM
and are you seriously trying to give me crap for NOT being on these boards every day consistently since sign up?

Think about that for a few minutes and realize how lame you sound.
---
#39L96A1BOSSPosted 9/4/2014 8:46:03 PM(edited)
Now you mad I expose you look at that rampage glad your true colors are showing now can you go play keyboard warrior with someone els not on my level?
---
Board User Level 34: Icon [-_-]
#40WeirdShroomPosted 9/4/2014 8:48:05 PM
So using a lot of words is a "rampage"?

Not a surprising view coming from the guy who can't even produce one complete sentence.
---