Do we have a chatpad yet?

#11RuinerEraserPosted 9/4/2014 6:58:46 PM
Majik25 posted...
RuinerEraser posted...
Majik25 posted...
Why should I have to go to a different venue to send out a message on my console? This was not required for the 360, 360 had voice message capability since I bought one. Why should I need a completely separate venue to be able to have the capability of a last gen system?

Then go on google and try and find one...seems like you are more interested in arguing about chatpads and not finding or accepting any solution to your "problem".

It's 2014 dude and you don't own a phone or wish to use any standard device to quickly type out a message. Instead you want a bulky chat pad attached to your controller.

Good luck lol.

Your 2014 consumer right here. Thinks it is ok to need to use separate devices to get full functionality out of a completely different product.

I think it's a fantastic option, I can msg my buddies while at work on my phone. I normally just use the controller to type up a message however because i'm not a baby crying over a first world problem.

literally takes you 8 seconds to pick up a phone right beside you and start typing up a message. I imagine xbox won't even make a chatpad because they are useless old hardware that nobody wants expect for people who don't own cell phones. Poor people in third world countries own cell phones man.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Diablo 3, Dead Rising 3
#12Majik25(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 7:05:27 PM
Cellphone is a pointless commodity, something I do not need. Cost is no issue, I choose not to have one.
Funny you use the word option, that would signify that the console has an option already available, which it does not.
---
Xbox Live Gt - Majik518
#13sn3akywafflesPosted 9/4/2014 7:06:22 PM
Just use a regular usb keyboard.
---
High speed, low drag
San Antonio Spurs - St. Louis Cardinals - Creighton Blue Jays
#14RuinerEraserPosted 9/4/2014 7:08:24 PM
Majik25 posted...
Cellphone is a pointless commodity, something I do not need. Cost is no issue, I choose not to have one.
Funny you use the word option, that would signify that the console has an option already available, which it does not.

Yes you have options.

1) Type it out on the controller
2) Use a cell phone
3) Use a tablet
4) Use a PC/Laptop

A cell phone is a pointless commodity says the guy who wants a chatpad. This is the best thread ever. Keep talking. I love it! :)
---
#15Syn_VengeancePosted 9/4/2014 7:08:45 PM
Charity_Diary posted...
lokinineteen posted...
RuinerEraser posted...
Smart glass bro.

Yep, let me just pull up the message prompt, go to Apps on my phone, Xbox One Smartglass, wait for it to connect, hit Remote, then type my message on a keyboard that doesn't rotate sideways.

Instead of just typing it with a chatpad.

You have to go through all that for smartglass? I just unlock the screen on my table, click on smartglass and click message.
---
He who sows the wind, shall reap the storm.
#16RuinerEraserPosted 9/4/2014 7:09:22 PM
sn3akywaffles posted...
Just use a regular usb keyboard.

I can't wait to hear why this is the worst option known to man from him.
---
#17AgentLockePosted 9/4/2014 7:28:35 PM
Majik25 posted...

lol yea call it pointless when your car break's down, have a family emergency while your not home or many other thing's that makes a cellphone a obvious purchase in today's age. I agree with everyone else, sound's like you just wanna b**** about something.
---
The Xbox one forum should be called the "Xbox vs Ps4" forum.
GT: KB ReDZ (Add me for MCC/Destiny/Forza/Fifa)
#18SabramPosted 9/4/2014 8:07:53 PM
I love my chatpad on my 360 controller. Makes messages a lot easier to type out, as well as typing in character names for RPGs or really anything else that needs text entry.

I've had keyboards on my controllers since the PS2 using the Nyko iType 2 for RPG Maker 3. They're very convenient to have, and while you may not use them every day, when you do use them they are a godsend for their functions. It's always easier and more convenient to use a chatpad of controller keyboard than to have to use a separate device to chat. Using the example of it only taking 8 seconds to load up smartglass to send a message... well it only takes me a half second to shift my controller slightly to use the chatpad on it.

Plus with the argument of "everyone has a cell phone" Sure, most people have one, but not everyone has a smart phone that can use smartglass. A lot of folks use pre-paid flip phones where their funtionality is limited to calling and texting, with some very limited other applications like a calendar or alarm clock. That's the kind of phone I had most recently, and it works perfectly fine for things like emergency contacts or calling people when i'm out of home.
---
Dark Souls 2 + Dragon's Crown crossover game needs to happen.
PSN: Sabram - NNID: Sabram - Gamertag: Sabram
#19RuinerEraserPosted 9/4/2014 8:11:35 PM
Sabram posted...
I love my chatpad on my 360 controller. Makes messages a lot easier to type out, as well as typing in character names for RPGs or really anything else that needs text entry.

I've had keyboards on my controllers since the PS2 using the Nyko iType 2 for RPG Maker 3. They're very convenient to have, and while you may not use them every day, when you do use them they are a godsend for their functions. It's always easier and more convenient to use a chatpad of controller keyboard than to have to use a separate device to chat. Using the example of it only taking 8 seconds to load up smartglass to send a message... well it only takes me a half second to shift my controller slightly to use the chatpad on it.

Plus with the argument of "everyone has a cell phone" Sure, most people have one, but not everyone has a smart phone that can use smartglass. A lot of folks use pre-paid flip phones where their funtionality is limited to calling and texting, with some very limited other applications like a calendar or alarm clock. That's the kind of phone I had most recently, and it works perfectly fine for things like emergency contacts or calling people when i'm out of home.

Flip phone? WOW haha. I use pay as you go and it's an android...a newer android and it's 40 bucks a month (No contract) for unlimited texted/calling and some data. So you don't own a smart phone and don't have access to a Laptop or USB keyboard or Tablet? Man, you're straight out of the 90s!
---
#20SabramPosted 9/4/2014 8:33:31 PM
I have a laptop, USB keyboard. I don't feel the need to have a tablet since I can access android apps on my PC using Bluestacks, and my desktop does everything a tablet could do but better.

I like how you completely ignored my mention of the convenience of a chatpad/controller keyboard. How it takes less time to use one than anything you've mentioned, and is far less cumbersome.

I'll add another point in favor of a chatpad, but it's simply my opinion. I like that it balances out the weight of my controller and makes it rest easier in my hands. Without it the controller feels too top heavy and off-balance, and holding it for too long puts strain on my wrist. I'm not as young as some of you folks and it's easier to get minor wrist pain, that wile not crippling, is extremely annoying.

The weight differential is most obvious with my PS3 controller. With the keyboard on it i can balance it along my finger right along the center of the pad, right under the curves for the triggers. without the keyboard it would tip backwards.The 360 controller is heavier than the PS3 one and the difference is more obvious.
---
Dark Souls 2 + Dragon's Crown crossover game needs to happen.
PSN: Sabram - NNID: Sabram - Gamertag: Sabram