Do you think we will get to play as The Arbiter again in Halo 5?

#1DHDisOPPosted 9/4/2014 7:15:07 PM
Both the Terminals and Master Chief Collection trailers focus on The Arbiter and Agent Clarke. Also, Halo 2 (the game which is being remastered) was the first game we were able to play as The Arbiter in, and 343i has said that they will connect events in Halo 2 to Halo 5.

Perhaps an even better question is this: Will Arbiter and Agent Clarke be protagonists, antagonists, or something in-between?
#2SorbetowulfPosted 9/4/2014 7:30:05 PM(edited)
****** SPOILERS FROM HALO 4 AND HALO 5 INCOMING *******

Nope, we're going to get the shattered remnants of Cortana's AI leading the remnants of the Halo 4 enemy in a stunning plot twist whereupon Chief has to either bring her back to the light side or kill the only thing he's ever loved.

We saw his face and his vulnerability, and she went out in glory but we didn't really see her die.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S
#3DHDisOP(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 7:50:14 PM
wtf lol
#4WarsuhPosted 9/4/2014 8:04:42 PM
I think Arbiter will be playable and I think we will play as him more than Agent Locke. Guess we will find out.
#5vashkeyPosted 9/4/2014 8:05:11 PM
I don't think Halo 2 having plot connections to 5 through Anniversary would imply the Arbiter will be playable. I just think the Arbiter will play a role in Halo 5.
#6sanas_thirituPosted 9/4/2014 9:32:40 PM
NO. NO Arbiter. You hear MS ? We don't want Arbiter. Only MC.
---
Sanas_thiritu misjudged sales of Kinect less xbox.
Come on Xbox! !
#7N3xtG3nGam3rPosted 9/4/2014 10:01:01 PM
Yeah, so funny, for years and years everyone HATED that the campaign was split. Loyal fans felt betrayed, kindof how in MGS2, you got stuck playing as Raiden.

Now everyone wants to act like they enjoyed it. Pshh, give me a break. If they split the campaign I'll be pissed and so will many, many other people, and since it's 343i, they'll find a reason to say it sucks--if it doesn't have one that is. Only way I wouldn't care, was if they did something like Wolfenstein and have two different angles of the same campaign.

That being said, I definitely DONT want to play as this "new" spartan, so that better not happen either. ALL master chief, ALL the way please.
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 2100 | 8GB Dual-Channel DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 770 4GB GDDr5
#8WarsuhPosted 9/4/2014 10:18:57 PM
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
Yeah, so funny, for years and years everyone HATED that the campaign was split. Loyal fans felt betrayed, kindof how in MGS2, you got stuck playing as Raiden.

Now everyone wants to act like they enjoyed it. Pshh, give me a break. If they split the campaign I'll be pissed and so will many, many other people, and since it's 343i, they'll find a reason to say it sucks--if it doesn't have one that is. Only way I wouldn't care, was if they did something like Wolfenstein and have two different angles of the same campaign.

That being said, I definitely DONT want to play as this "new" spartan, so that better not happen either. ALL master chief, ALL the way please.

Agent Locke is a confirmed playable character, so yeah...
#9Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/4/2014 10:24:54 PM
I just want the game to come out without being rushed to hit the Holiday '15 release.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#10SigmaLongshotPosted 9/4/2014 11:17:37 PM
I think I would've loved if Locke was ODST instead of a Spartan.

For the most part, Arbiter and Chief played identically, so playing as the stealthier, sneakier, more vulnerable ODST in a back -forth story would really juxtapose the Chief's raw power in combat.
---
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo
PS4: Gooey_Toto ADD ME OR FACE THE UN-ADDED CONSEQUENCES! Which are nothing.