Retail vs. Digital (glitch/bug related)

#11lesarch(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 5:57:54 PM
Thanks a lot, guys! I'm going for the digital version just to be safe. And I think it's gonna be on sale on the 28th so yay! Will still look around for any updates on the bugs/glitches I keep on hearing around.
---
God made mankind. But everything else is made in China.
#12codyallen25Posted 12/22/2012 8:34:25 PM
lesarch posted...
Thanks a lot, guys! I'm going for the digital version just to be safe. And I think it's gonna be on sale on the 28th so yay! Will still look around for any updates on the bugs/glitches I keep on hearing around.

Yeah if you wait you can get the digital version a lot cheaper than the retail, and it's also been patched more than the retail. Only reason to get the disc version IMO is if you really love the game and want to have a physical copy of the game on display.
---
When life gives you a Salt lick you make Larryade -- Acadias
http://tinyurl.com/acs6n3b / http://tinyurl.com/a8bhltt / http://tinyurl.com/b4vzhwc
#13S3rp3nt0rPosted 12/24/2012 11:07:15 AM
Just played through probably 4.75 chapters - my save file reset to the start of the game. This is the disc version. Only reason I played retail is because I decided to rent it.
#14lesarch(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2012 10:45:24 AM
Just got the (free) digital version of Episode 1. No problems encountered so far like stuttering but I've only gotten to the point after the first walker (policeman) since it's already 2:30am here and I have work later lol. I'll wait for the other episodes to go on sale on the 28th. I really hope I won't encounter any bugs.
---
God made mankind. But everything else is made in China.
#15SVT52986Posted 12/27/2012 7:12:54 PM
I received the disc version as a gift for Christmas and just played Episode 1 tonight with zero issues.
#16BB52700Posted 12/28/2012 6:33:03 PM
I have the disc version and in my playthrough, there was a bit of stuttering, but nothing game-breaking, and I had one freeze near the end of episode 3, but that was it.
---
I do the best Chewbacca impression EVER!
#17GunBladeHeroPosted 12/29/2012 8:56:32 AM
Retail version is fine, I just finished it and not a single freezing or such. Not sure if it helps but my Xbox is the older ''Fat'' model.
---
Just because I look like a douche doesn't mean I am one. You've got a lot to learn kid.
#18DarkSlaughterPosted 12/29/2012 2:52:17 PM
IRELANDforever posted...
that guy that's just gotta be right
the game works fine
don't be scared off by a few horror stories

Don't assume just because you're game was fine that every other game will be. Check the Telltale forums if you wanna see a ton of people that are having the same issue, mostly those with the 4gb slim model. I would definitely get the digital copy if you have a choice between the two.
---
GT : Darkside84
#19WFUDEAC00Posted 12/30/2012 4:38:35 PM
I got the 360 slim for Christmas this year along with the Walking Dead, and I'm having the same problem. The game has some hiccups during the first few cutscenes, but when the babysitter attacks it basically freezes and you die before you can do anything. Hope they patch it soon since the game looks pretty cool.
---
IGN: Pointy EndS1+
MW3 FC 2638 5770 7002