taking the food at the end of chapter 2

#1kenshindonoPosted 12/29/2012 11:54:26 PM
Ok.. this bugged me. Is there any penalty down the road for taking the supplies/food at the end of chapter 2? It seems like a no brainer to me.. you find an abandoned car, with no survivors around, you take the food/supplies. But Clementine REALLY didn't want me to take it. I asked a friend who played it and he told me there are big repercussions but i couldn't tell if he was serious or not

so the question is: is there fallout for it, and how big? Id like a non spoiler and a spoiler answer please if i decide to spoil myself
---
"Don't worry, the worst that could happen is we all die"-Jade/TOA
#2Tim_Lince_kunPosted 12/30/2012 12:21:20 AM
non-spoiler: I'd say there are effects, not heavy repercussions per se. I would say don't worry about it.

******Spoilers if you dare******
Turns out, some dude owns that station wagon of food. Since you took all his crap, his wife and daughter died and then he'll have some personal vendetta with you. This guy actually has his vendetta with you no matter what choice you make cause the group will end up taking the stuff too and he'll still blame you for other things.
---
Shenmue II Fan? Let's talk about how much we hate Sega: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/561258-shenmue-ii
#3RVallantPosted 12/30/2012 12:52:29 AM
There are consequences. You'll find out in episode 5 what exactly happens but the events that occur at the car set in motion everything in episode 3 onward. However, the actual direct impact of the moral choice is rather limited in 'tone'... see the spoiler if you want the gist.

Basically you find the survivor who owned the car in episode 5 but he's off his chain and a bit crazy by then so although he will initially recognise your moral choice (or lack) he's so crazy he'll fabricate reasons to hate on you. This can be extremely amusing if you play Lee as a good guy because he really does end up grasping for straws.
---
Way Walkers University CYOA RPG Game -
http://www.choiceofgames.com/user-contributed/way-walkers/
#4BB52700Posted 1/1/2013 3:44:11 PM
RVallant posted...
There are consequences. You'll find out in episode 5 what exactly happens but the events that occur at the car set in motion everything in episode 3 onward. However, the actual direct impact of the moral choice is rather limited in 'tone'... see the spoiler if you want the gist.

Basically you find the survivor who owned the car in episode 5 but he's off his chain and a bit crazy by then so although he will initially recognise your moral choice (or lack) he's so crazy he'll fabricate reasons to hate on you. This can be extremely amusing if you play Lee as a good guy because he really does end up grasping for straws.

He doesn't fabricate reasons to hate you. he talks to Clementine over the Walkie-talkie and she tells him about everything that happens, and he uses that against you if you choose to leave the supplies alone. He'll tell you that originally he was just going to kill the others and leave you alone, but when Clementine told him all this stuff, he decided you needed to be punished, too
---
I do the best Chewbacca impression EVER!
#5Deathx113Posted 1/1/2013 7:30:22 PM
kenshindono posted...
Ok.. this bugged me. Is there any penalty down the road for taking the supplies/food at the end of chapter 2?

hahahahhahahahahahha

That made me laugh so hard.

Dude, you make the choice, don't let anyone else make it for you. xD
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#6Deathx113Posted 1/1/2013 7:31:42 PM
BB52700 posted...
RVallant posted...

He doesn't fabricate reasons to hate you. he talks to Clementine over the Walkie-talkie and she tells him about everything that happens, and he uses that against you if you choose to leave the supplies alone. He'll tell you that originally he was just going to kill the others and leave you alone, but when Clementine told him all this stuff, he decided you needed to be punished, too

The thing is, he still makes stuff up or makes Lee like he was in the wrong, when really Lee did nothing wrong. If you play as the good guy.

---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"