Was anyone else .. (SPOILERS)

#11Kairi221(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 1:35:38 AM
Scout_Taron posted...
jimbobrulez posted...
Kairi221 posted...
jimbobrulez posted...
wow... an " I love you" would have been one of the cheesiest things ever. Go watch Titanic.

No.

It's hardly "cheesy" to let Clem know how much you care about her before she shoots you in the head.

It would have been cliche and cheesy. If you are into cheesiness than fine, but don't deny the fact that it would be cheesy. Ever heard of that one movie where the guy says " I love you" before he dies? Oh wait, there are quite a few of those.
All of which are cliche.
and cheesy too.

I don't understand. What else would you say to your loved ones before you are about to die?

Especially when coupled with the fact that Lee had a dying monologue at all. I fail to see it as being cheesy, it's pretty realistic if you ask me.
---
"This does your Christmas!" - Gandob
#12SyxxHallNashPosted 1/10/2013 1:39:11 PM
I was surprised at the amount of people that chopped their arm off. I may have went that route if the option was given immedietly, but too much time had passed for that to be effective.
---
Well, that's like.... your opinion, man.-- The Dude.
#13FinzFan4lifePosted 1/10/2013 3:22:38 PM
It would of been fitting for the situation to let her know that someone loved her even in the end.
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#14jimbobrulezPosted 1/10/2013 3:38:43 PM
Kairi221 posted...
Scout_Taron posted...
jimbobrulez posted...
Kairi221 posted...
jimbobrulez posted...
wow... an " I love you" would have been one of the cheesiest things ever. Go watch Titanic.

No.

It's hardly "cheesy" to let Clem know how much you care about her before she shoots you in the head.

It would have been cliche and cheesy. If you are into cheesiness than fine, but don't deny the fact that it would be cheesy. Ever heard of that one movie where the guy says " I love you" before he dies? Oh wait, there are quite a few of those.
All of which are cliche.
and cheesy too.

I don't understand. What else would you say to your loved ones before you are about to die?

Especially when coupled with the fact that Lee had a dying monologue at all. I fail to see it as being cheesy, it's pretty realistic if you ask me.

Tropic Thunder pretty much blatantly makes fun of that kinda cliche in the beginning scene, anyone with a knowledge of film has knows how cheesy saying " I love you" before dying is. It's something Michael Bay would do. If you found comfort in saying it to Clem though than more power to you
---
its like gta: sa... Carl should've had 1 star at all times, just being a black guy in 1990s L.A.- Masonator 2002
#15Cosmic MayhemPosted 1/10/2013 8:59:36 PM
I think "I love you" would've been just fine.
---
-\o_o/-
#16KID VIDPosted 1/11/2013 8:08:43 PM
jimbobrulez posted...

Sounds like you need a hug.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#17Kairi221(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 9:26:05 PM
jimbobrulez posted...
Tropic Thunder pretty much blatantly makes fun of that kinda cliche in the beginning scene, anyone with a knowledge of film has knows how cheesy saying " I love you" before dying is. It's something Michael Bay would do. If you found comfort in saying it to Clem though than more power to you

Movies make fun of a lot of things, doesn't make any difference. As I said, if you're so adverse to the idea then it should probably be more upset about this game having a dying monologue at all.

I wouldn't have a problem with what you're saying if you weren't trying to pass it off as fact. It's not. It's entirely subjective. I really doubt you're that much more educated in film than everyone else here is.
---
"This does your Christmas!" - Gandob
#18RumJungleJuicePosted 1/16/2013 6:15:40 AM

Oh, jimbobrulz, you're so jaded...

Yeah. I would've preferred an option to tell the kid I loved her.

Note; that *I* loved her. That's how involved I was in the game. I really felt for the kid, and experienced real emotion while I played it: anger at Larry, companionship with Kenny, grief when Katyaa and Duck were killed. Regardless of Hollywood tropes, *I* would have liked an "I love you" option, because that's how I felt at that moment.
---
"Xbox Live, you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villiany" -Gabbelgak
#19codyallen25Posted 1/16/2013 10:34:40 AM
"I love you" would have been to hard for her to hear, she just lost her parents (A little part of her truly believed she'd find them alive even if us and Lee did not) who loved her, and now she is losing Lee who is the only person left who loves her. I think Lee was going to say it when he had that pause and said nevermind. Clementine knows Lee loves her, he doesn't have to say it.
---
When life gives you a Salt lick you make Larryade -- Acadias
http://tinyurl.com/acs6n3b / http://tinyurl.com/a8bhltt / http://tinyurl.com/ba6zdy8
#20RumJungleJuicePosted 1/16/2013 11:12:54 AM
codyallen25 posted...
"I love you" would have been to hard for her to hear, she just lost her parents (A little part of her truly believed she'd find them alive even if us and Lee did not) who loved her, and now she is losing Lee who is the only person left who loves her. I think Lee was going to say it when he had that pause and said nevermind. Clementine knows Lee loves her, he doesn't have to say it.

Good point. I hadn't thought of that.
---
"Xbox Live, you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villiany" -Gabbelgak