Was anyone else .. (SPOILERS)

#21darkharePosted 1/16/2013 4:20:30 PM
Kairi221 posted...
jimbobrulez posted...
wow... an " I love you" would have been one of the cheesiest things ever. Go watch Titanic.

No.

It's hardly "cheesy" to let Clem know how much you care about her before she shoots you in the head.

thats assuming that you make her shoot you in the head.. dude you made a little girl shoot you in the head...i just told her to leave, i couldnt let her shoot me even if i was gonna turn into a zombie.
---
young enough to still enjoy being a ass, old enough not to give a damn about how it makes you feel.
#22jimbobrulezPosted 1/16/2013 9:09:50 PM
darkhare posted...
Kairi221 posted...
jimbobrulez posted...
wow... an " I love you" would have been one of the cheesiest things ever. Go watch Titanic.

No.

It's hardly "cheesy" to let Clem know how much you care about her before she shoots you in the head.

thats assuming that you make her shoot you in the head.. dude you made a little girl shoot you in the head...i just told her to leave, i couldnt let her shoot me even if i was gonna turn into a zombie.

I didn't either... these people seem to think it makes it more emotional to say I love you before making Clem shoot you... I told her to never be afraid and also didn't make her shoot me, because that makes the most sense considering Lee wanted the best for Clem. He wouldn't want her to cry about him being dead. It seems some people missed the point.
---
split open and melt
#23RedWarlordPosted 1/17/2013 11:38:53 AM
I liked Clem, up until she was on the train. If you tell her NOT to use the walk-talkie to talk to her parents, the little b!tch says "I don't have to listen to you." And I was like, "WHAT DID YOU SAY TO ME, YOU LITTLE--"

Seriously, I've been taking care of her all this time and she's going to talk back? NO WAY! Yeah, she doesn't get an "I love you" from me. She might get a "Clem, I changed my mind. Loosen ol' Lee's handcuffs and give us a hug, won't ya?"
#24_LordAndSaviorPosted 1/17/2013 1:06:39 PM
I also wanted to say "I love you", but when I saw the choice of I'll miss you, I started tearing up and felt it was an even more emotionally packed statement.
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.
#25squdgyPosted 1/21/2013 1:25:02 AM
The fact that a certain things is used a lot doesn't make it a cliche. Sounds like you're just jaded.
---
Sexuality, like time, is a circle, and if you go too far straight, you find yourself right back at gay again.- Robert Brockway
#26TVontheRadioPosted 1/25/2013 7:22:27 PM
those three words were the exact phrase i was expecting to choose

after all the harrowing s*** that both of you went through, and the things both of you did to show how much you cared for each other, it would've been earned

but because it wasn't a choice, i just gave her the most important advice i could give to survive in that harsh world

"Don't be afraid."

she'll have to take risks, make hard decisions, face down hordes of the undead, confront bad people, and accept the reality that people will die (even the ones she truly cares about)

just saying that i'll miss her just might break her heart knowing that i'm gone for good, and that it'll echo in her head for the rest of her life

as for telling her to avoid cities, that's generalizing too much that could have her making totally irrational decisions without having that broad stroke of wisdom

it's also just not very dramatic
---
all you need
#27VotorxPosted 1/28/2013 5:52:30 PM
jimbobrulez posted...
darkhare posted...
Kairi221 posted...
jimbobrulez posted...

No.

I didn't either... these people seem to think it makes it more emotional to say I love you before making Clem shoot you... I told her to never be afraid and also didn't make her shoot me, because that makes the most sense considering Lee wanted the best for Clem. He wouldn't want her to cry about him being dead. It seems some people missed the point.

"There people". Heh... because you're in a separate unique league of your own, right? Well as being one of those people, I thought it made more sense to have her shoot me. She's a strong girl, she's been through a lot and she keeps going... I figured she'll have to make more decisions like that and making her shoot Lee is a way to prepare her for them.

She just saw her parents as walkers...even though she already accepted the fact that she'd never see them again, witnessing their corpse walking around had a huge emotional impact on her. Why risk her going through the same experience with Lee? It would seem that you missed the point, no matter what you made her do, she knew Lee was dead. The entire story is filled with moments where characters are forced to make a decision no matter how hard it is, Clementine is no exception.

Anyways...just because it's cliche doesn't mean it's cheesy. This was the last opportunity for Lee to tell her how he feels. His actions showed his love for her, but it would have been nice to hear the words. I know if I was in that situation, I'd want to lay it all out on the table. Say everything I didn't say before, because I wouldn't have a second chance.
---
Gamerscore: 25145
#28xxGoDxoFxWaRxxPosted 1/31/2013 8:29:47 PM(edited)
codyallen25 posted...
"I love you" would have been to hard for her to hear, she just lost her parents (A little part of her truly believed she'd find them alive even if us and Lee did not) who loved her, and now she is losing Lee who is the only person left who loves her. I think Lee was going to say it when he had that pause and said nevermind. Clementine knows Lee loves her, he doesn't have to say it.

Agreed, I gave her a speech about being tough, and that she could make it without me. I just couldn't tell her that I would miss her, I told her not to be afraid. Of course I'm going to miss her, but I'm already asking her to kill me, it would be selfish for me to make it any harder on her than it had to be. I also feel that it didn't need to be spoken, it was clearly felt between them.

Edit: I was going to make an edit, explaining why having her shoot you is the best option (for you and for her), but then I noticed Votorx hit the nail right on the head. I couldn't have said it any better myself. I also have to agree that had there been an "I love you" option, I might not have been so brave. That would have been a much harder decision.
#29SCStunner316Posted 2/3/2013 9:50:48 PM
Before the final option was given, I thought "I love you" would have been a choice, as well.
---
Last.FM: http://www.last.fm/user/BBFootBallr54
Twitter: @IAmBPBurke
#30AWorldUnitedPosted 2/11/2013 7:08:15 PM
not to be harsh but if anyone does not believe that a child still an elementary school needs to hear the phrase "i love you" there something massively wrong with their conscience