There is a major idea in the plot that makes NO ****ing sense. Spoilers

#1Walkman_005Posted 1/17/2013 6:16:13 PM
And quite frankly, it's very frustrating.

So almost everyone Lee meets tells him "I hope you know what you're doing with that girl." Or "It's not safe for her to be with you.: Or the guy at the end or Vernon even. They both don't want her to be with Lee.

Like WHAT THE **** do you expect him to do then? Just to have left her behind at her parents house? Of course he took her with him, she was defenseless.

How do they expect to take any better care of her? DO they know some magical place that's safe from zombies?

NO she's in the same amount of care in Lees hands as with anyone else's. Everyone is in the same zombie infested situation.
#2lloyd_doblerPosted 1/17/2013 6:32:38 PM
I took that as a narrative device intended to increase your connection to Clementine as a character. Sounds like it had the opposite effect on you and might have pulled you out if the story a little bit. Sorry to hear that.
---
Inyuk-chuk!
#3darkharePosted 1/18/2013 12:59:57 AM
eh it is what it is, Clem shown to me on several occassions that she was worth having around in chaotic situations and that she could infact hold her own better then most.
---
young enough to still enjoy being a ass, old enough not to give a damn about how it makes you feel.
#4_LordAndSaviorPosted 1/18/2013 6:19:33 AM
I always took it as people thinking it's weird that a grown man of the age of 37, found an 8 year old girl and decided to play Daddy with her. I felt it was a way in the story to show that even during an Apocalypse people still won't understand what you've been through.
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.
#5Evil_the_NubPosted 1/18/2013 11:10:14 PM
I think it was their way of letting Lee know that taking care of Clem is a serious job. Looking after a child is hard enough without the zombies.
---
There are few problems in life that can't be solved by a hug-happy amnesiac pillbug.
#6JC_PhoenixPosted 1/19/2013 5:19:22 PM
Reminds me of the What Would You Do? Scenario where they saw how people would react if some guy questioned a black guy with a child of a different race. Some still took the instigators side even after the "mother" showed up.

On topic:
It makes sense in a way. First thought would probably be pedophile, then they'd question why they're in this precarious situation and not holed up safely somewhere(because they aren't part of your group and don't know everything you went through) .... And then if they find out you're a murderer they start thinking you're a scumbag again.

At least your group understands everything after a while and knows that you'd never let her get hurt, with others though it does make sense that they would be critical of your "parenting"
---
"You are a planned organism, the offspring of knowledge and imagination rather than of individuals"-Morpheus
#7patrick005Posted 1/27/2013 7:54:43 PM
lloyd_dobler posted...
I took that as a narrative device intended to increase your connection to Clementine as a character.

I agree that it's just a narrative device, but I think it's to remind you that you need to think about the actions you make in the game, and what effect it will have on Clementine.
---
Opinions can be changed. Beliefs however, not so much.
- http://albert5.com
#8lloyd_doblerPosted 1/29/2013 10:47:10 AM
patrick005 posted...
lloyd_dobler posted...
I took that as a narrative device intended to increase your connection to Clementine as a character.

I agree that it's just a narrative device, but I think it's to remind you that you need to think about the actions you make in the game, and what effect it will have on Clementine.

I think we're pretty much on the same page, then.
---
Inyuk-chuk!
#9ZERO2936Posted 1/31/2013 5:17:18 AM(edited)
Well, Vernon and The Stranger want to take care of her themselves. Vernon was planning to steal the boat, so he probably wanted to Clem with him. Or he was just lying to Lee. The Stranger's just crazy.
#10xxGoDxoFxWaRxxPosted 1/31/2013 8:05:56 PM
I think it makes perfect sense, and in more than one way even. These people are giving you human responses. They can't understand what you've been through, and they can't fully comprehend the situation. It's not that unreasonable for them to have some doubts about your character, even when those doubts are ill placed. There's also the entire back story on Lee, he's a convicted killer, but he's always trying to do the right thing.

The story makes you look inward at the character. Lee is a killer, and has to struggle with that throughout the series. Do you to tell Vernon to immediately f*** off or do you even think, just for a second, Clementine might be better off without you. I viewed the series as one man's mistake, and his journey toward redemption. I found scenes such as this to be powerful tools toward that end. From your reaction, I would say they produced the desired results.