How could anyone choose to kill <spoliers>

#1Sega9599Posted 1/31/2013 1:46:26 PM
Did you kill Jolene? - Results (61 votes)
I shot her.
9.84% (6 votes)
I didn't shoot her.
90.16% (55 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Jolene?
She clearly has a few issues, but that's because her and her duaghter were raped. They weren't nice to her. Not at all.

And at the end of the speech she gives, she's about to reveal to you what the St John Brothers are up to. Clearly if she hadn't been killed, she'd probably calm down enough not to kill you, because you're not like them. Maybe not, but it IS a posibility.

But to those players who gunned her down in cold blood without even listening to what she has to say?

Wow. Cold bro.

What choice did you make, and why did you make it?
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.
#2LazHarshawPosted 1/31/2013 2:28:58 PM(edited)
I couldn't kill her, I'm not like the St. Johns.

I did however kill Danny and left Andy alone to rot with a busted face. Denying death, now that's cold.
#3xxGoDxoFxWaRxxPosted 1/31/2013 8:33:22 PM
LazHarshaw posted...
I couldn't kill her, I'm not like the St. Johns.

I did however kill Danny and left Andy alone to rot with a busted face. Denying death, now that's cold.

OMG I AGREE.

I definitely finished off the creepier brother with the pitch-fork, and then a sadistic smile crept across my face when I saw the zombie at the top of the stairs. I kept wailing away on Danny's face, every blow giving immense satisfaction. It was an easy decision not to kill him, his entire family was dead, and he was left with nothing. Death would have been a reprieve, a kindness he didn't deserve. I'm not a cruel man though, he can feast on human flesh to his hearts content now.
#4RVallantPosted 2/2/2013 12:39:29 PM
Um... You don't find that out until after the event. The whole rape stuff is found out at the end of the episode not during it. Furthermore, even if you're pretty even-handed with her she flat out goes overboard with threats towards you....

So yeah, you're spinning a non-sequitor.
#5Sega9599(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 11:20:46 AM
RVallant posted...
Um... You don't find that out until after the event. The whole rape stuff is found out at the end of the episode not during it. Furthermore, even if you're pretty even-handed with her she flat out goes overboard with threats towards you....

So yeah, you're spinning a non-sequitor.

Um, she says that they took her daughter and they 'weren't nice to her'. which is basically as far as TellTale are willing imply to rape of a minor in video games. And she also says they did 'terrible things' to herself.

So yeah, you need to 'think before you type bro'.
Don't reply saying "we don't know what terrible things etc etc", because whatever the things are, it's clear they're terrible at the least. Or maybe you'll reply with some poor excuse talking about how she threatened you and in this new society, she automatically deserves to be killed herself, and you pulled the trigger, no matter what.

And I've just played through the whole scene again. it's clear you haven't. She mentions shooting you in the balls. But she is LITERALLY about to tell you who the ST John brothers are, and WHAT THEY DO, which implies she understands you may be ignorant of events, and at least points towards a non-violent outcome for you. Then Andy kills her.

If you're gonna twist things all you want RVallant, at least make sure you're accurate first.
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.