Just getting into this

#1midnyghtsson265Posted 2/25/2013 7:15:22 PM
I thought after playing the demo there was no way in hell i'd like this series. I've never been a big fan of point and click games, except an old pc game called Phantasm or something like that.

That was before I saw a lil gameplay in a video and saw some heated moments with lots of speech options. Also after you get to know the characters more in depth, it really pulls you in. I got the first 3 episodes and I love it so far. I already kinda ruined my experience from seeing a lot of "illusion of choice" topics....but to be fair, most games only offer the illusion of choice.
---
Dragon's Dogma, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and Minecraft...5 of my favorite games ever.
#2dan12conPosted 2/25/2013 11:19:58 PM
Enjoy. Don't over think it. It's still fun.
---
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega."
- Brodie (from Mallrats)
#3couscous625Posted 2/28/2013 7:42:19 AM
its not the choices, its how you make them and experience the story.

enjoy, its a great game.
---
I had a dream when i was in high school that i attended the punk rock academy.
#4spacecowboy44Posted 2/28/2013 2:17:33 PM
couscous625 posted...
its not the choices, its how you make them and experience the story.

enjoy, its a great game.

this...i felt the same way when i first found out how the gameplay was...but after playing the first episode for free...i was hooked

ppl need to remember that you dont control the world...you control the main character and what he does and how he reacts to the events of the game...its a fantastic game
---
---Playing Hardcore with me is like quail hunting with Dick Cheney.
#5midnyghtsson265(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 5:25:57 AM
I agree. It can be a much different ride to the end based on your actions and choices.

Don't worry, I usually don't let other peoples sour grapes ruin my fruit bowl. Gamers are a fickle bunch of people. The most successful games usually have the worst "blowback". Meaning that people find it cool to bash great games after awhile and find any weaknesses.
---
Dragon's Dogma, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and Minecraft...5 of my favorite games ever.