So. Many. Feels. *SPOILERS*

#1destroyerman455Posted 3/30/2013 11:56:08 PM
So I bought the game recently due to the sale they had on Xbox and I came into with low expectation. However, after trying the first episode, I was hooked. I just beat it a few minutes ago and I have a large empty feeling inside right now.

I grew attached to the characters and really felt the story. It was like Mass Effect all over again. And then they just had to go and kill off all of my favorite characters.

*WARNING MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD*

First they killed Mark who was a great guy. His death was just messed up. Plain and simple. They ate his legs, sick people...

Then they go and kill Carley, who was my favorite character and I honestly had a crush on the character. (Dont judge me, I know i'm not the only one.)
Her death was uncalled for, it wasn't fair and they should have gave us options and choices to keep her alive. And yea, its the apocalypse, but a Walker attack would almost be more understanding, not some crazy broad with a gun. I mean honestly, her death was overshadowed by Kenny's family and they basically forgot about her after the incident which I find sad since she was really a big character in the fanbase's eyes. (I could go on about this, it really pissed me off)

Then Kenny's family dies and we basically lose Kenny as he suffered severely from the incident.

As we go on we meet an awesome homeless guy who heroically saves us, but still dies.

Then Kenny goes and sacrifices himself and that kinda made me lose it as he was the last big character from the start.

And to make matters worse, the people you HATE dont even die and you really dont get a chance to do anything about them. Larry was a dick, but his situation for dying was kinda uncalled for. Lily was a complete ***** and I wish I had gotten the choice to shoot her for killing Carley. And Ben, I wish they emphasized how much he had messed up more. He should have gotten shot instead at the RV. Not Carley. Dropping him off the tower wasn't good enough in my eyes.

Then those cancer patients who run off with the boat, I wish I had a chance to find them and get them back. And really? Cancer patients? The **** man?

And that is my rant and vent about this game. Great game, great story, so depressing.
I almost hope Season 2 is the same.
---
Tactical Assessment, Red Chinese Victory, Impossible.
#2gobuffalo30Posted 3/31/2013 7:08:36 AM
I just accepted it. Yeah I didn't like those characters but in an undead apocalypse I'd have to deal with those types of people. However, I did feel the sense of justice leaving Lilly on the side of the road.
#3destroyerman455(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 1:22:41 PM
gobuffalo30 posted...
I just accepted it. Yeah I didn't like those characters but in an undead apocalypse I'd have to deal with those types of people. However, I did feel the sense of justice leaving Lilly on the side of the road.

I wish we could have just shot her or something. Why do I feel like she was mildly important...
---
#4gobuffalo30Posted 4/1/2013 3:22:11 AM
Probably because she was part of the group you joined.
#5PokeyBananaPosted 4/1/2013 9:11:59 AM
I suppose the roller-coaster of emotions is the very thing that makes the game so good.

Losing people in horrible ways and having to hold it together is pretty much what life would be like in a real zombie apocalypse.

Also, if you save Ben from the tower he dies in a perhaps more horrible way a bit later, if that helps.
---
Day 1 DLC - Paying rent on what you already own
#6destroyerman455(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 4:18:01 AM
PokeyBanana posted...

Also, if you save Ben from the tower he dies in a perhaps more horrible way a bit later, if that helps.

Now I have to go back and replay that part...
---