Xyz(No)

#1TRIPLEX01Posted 3/30/2013 3:55:39 PM
Anyone else feel a bit disappointed when you have a field of monsters and, you realize that you can't overlay anything?
---
XBL GT: AC3xMisfortune
How can you expect to stop obesity when everyone is so full of themselves? O_o
#2SoulReaver626Posted 3/30/2013 6:23:34 PM
I honestly have no idea what the whole "XYZ" stuff is about. I'm guessing it's from Zexel? I stopped watching after GX because 5D's just didn't appeal to me with the whole, "Let's Duel on motorcycles" thing. I'm not talking trash about it-it just wasn't for me, so I had to learn about synchro cards from the video games and now have no idea what the XYZ stuff is about. Is there an easy description?
---
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy Diggy hole
#3TRIPLEX01(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 6:27:47 PM
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Xyz_Monster
---
XBL GT: AC3xMisfortune
How can you expect to stop obesity when everyone is so full of themselves? O_o
#4Dyno_StormPosted 3/30/2013 6:32:35 PM
SoulReaver626 posted...
I honestly have no idea what the whole "XYZ" stuff is about. I'm guessing it's from Zexel? I stopped watching after GX because 5D's just didn't appeal to me with the whole, "Let's Duel on motorcycles" thing. I'm not talking trash about it-it just wasn't for me, so I had to learn about synchro cards from the video games and now have no idea what the XYZ stuff is about. Is there an easy description?

It's kind of like Synchros - in which Xyz/Exceed/ik-zeed can be summoned from the extra deck. Xyz monsters (black cards) are summoned by having 2 or more monsters with the same level. Utopia for example is a Rank 4 (Xyz don't have levels, so cards like Gravity Bind are pointless) Xyz monster that can be summoned by having two 4* monsters on your field. Say you have two Gravekeeper's Spy on the field: you place one of them ON TOP of the other, then you summon Utopia by placing him on top of those two. This process is called overlay. Xyz monsters have effects where they send one of the cards beneath them as a cost to activate said effect. Again, you don't need a tuner to bring them out. Hope this sheds some light.
---
GT: DynoStorm
#5SoulReaver626Posted 3/31/2013 8:37:44 PM
Thanks, Dyno_Storm. That did help. I still think I'll skip those cards when a game comes out with them. They're starting to complicate this game too much.
---
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy Diggy hole
#6yugioooohPosted 3/31/2013 10:56:31 PM
No I really liked the 5D's era. I greatly prefer synchro summoning to XYZ summoning, so this game's format sits right with me.