Team discussion and tip exchange.

#101jygtingPosted 5/5/2013 3:38:02 PM
VoidZankantou posted...
Any tips on how to kill Izumi and whatever the name is the leader with guns in chapter 4?
I'm taking too much damage around 70-100 per hit from the leader.

Main party is Samurai, Trickster (Guns) and a Psychic lv 42-43.

Ooh, an another Gun Trickster user! Glad that I'm not the only using those!

Every boss or dragon fights, I always cast Hiding, Assassin's React then Bush Drive then use Jump Shot on Shouji so that every turn he'll take damage (do this on Izumi as well). Take advantage of using Aiming Shot (if you leveled it up or maxed since it will have a Blind effect) until the status effect has been inflicted on them then slug away!

If you learned Cheetahman, then use this extra turn for healing or attacking.

And apparantly, I never get to see them use their combination attack since I was way overleveled at that time :P
---
Gackt can kill a million demons just by flicking his hair, causing many fangirls to arrive and hug his leg. -Sparta19
#102Endless_Night(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 9:52:03 PM
Just 2 quick questions. Where is EXP bonus (party skill) and is there an equip for SP 1.3??

Can't seem to find them in this game...
---
Everything stemmed from Chaos, Aligned to Cosmos, Brought forth by Space, Woven with Time and Governed by Gravity.
#103KuroikiPosted 5/6/2013 3:19:23 AM(edited)
Endless_Night posted...
Just 2 quick questions. Where is EXP bonus (party skill) and is there an equip for SP 1.3??

If I remember correctly;
-EXP Bonus its at ‹Z‹æC once you've renovate it talk to the person require.
-SP Bonus was from a Quest named ƒ€ƒ‰ƒNƒ‚13”Į‚Ö‚ĖŽŋ‹^‰ž“š.
-EXP/SP modifier equips are from reward by saving people. (B9F talk the person next to the elevator.)
There is no SP1.3 other than PT Skill but having two SP1.2 should be more than enough.
#104farranpoisonPosted 5/6/2013 3:38:33 AM
I have a Trickster (knife), Hacker, and an Idol. Never played any 7th Dragon games before, so I have no idea if my team is good or crap. Most of my battles involve buffing defenses with Hacker, Idol heals/Grooves, and the Trickster spamming crit attacks and Vampire to get React turns.

Also, I noticed the Hacker gets MATK bonuses from weapons, but as far as I know Hacker doesn't have any direct damage skills. So what does MATK do for the Hacker?
#105XenoStrikerDXPosted 5/6/2013 4:09:22 AM
farranpoison posted...

Also, I noticed the Hacker gets MATK bonuses from weapons, but as far as I know Hacker doesn't have any direct damage skills. So what does MATK do for the Hacker?

The Hacker has two skills (maybe more, if they added new ones in 2020-II, but I'm afraid I haven't been using a Hacker this time) which do cause direct damage (Scapegoat.x and Lost Power.x). As far as I know, that's what the bonus MATK is for.
#106farranpoisonPosted 5/6/2013 4:23:43 AM
XenoStrikerDX posted...
farranpoison posted...

The Hacker has two skills (maybe more, if they added new ones in 2020-II, but I'm afraid I haven't been using a Hacker this time) which do cause direct damage (Scapegoat.x and Lost Power.x). As far as I know, that's what the bonus MATK is for.

Ah so that's what it's for. I had a suspicion but you confirmed it. Even still, they don't do that much damage do they?

Also, for the Fire/Ice traps, is the extra damage dependent on MATK or not?
#107XenoStrikerDXPosted 5/6/2013 4:40:22 AM
farranpoison posted...
XenoStrikerDX posted...
farranpoison posted...

Ah so that's what it's for. I had a suspicion but you confirmed it. Even still, they don't do that much damage do they?

Also, for the Fire/Ice traps, is the extra damage dependent on MATK or not?

Yeah, the damage isn't that great, but they do have their uses. Scapegoat.x restores MN equivalent to a percentage of the damage dealt (10% at it's base level, 15% at it's max, which doesn't seem worth it to upgrade). Lost Power.x reduces the target's ATK and DEF. Hackers also have an Auto Skill called Quick Hack that instantly tries to place the Hacking status into an enemy at the start of a battle, which can be useful for a small MN recovery or a fast debuff, but don't rely on it too much. Naturally, it also rarely works against bosses, but if you do get lucky, that debuff can be pretty nice.

Regarding the Fire/Ice traps (I assume you are referring to the Psychic's Heat/0ēC Body skills, but if not, feel free to call me an idiot), I'm not sure, but I'm guessing it's a fixed amount depending on either the skill level or the character's level. To be honest, I don't think I've actually ever used those a single time.
#108Endless_Night(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 5:06:28 AM
Kuroiki posted...
Endless_Night posted...

If I remember correctly;
-EXP Bonus its at ‹Z‹æC once you've renovate it talk to the person require.
-SP Bonus was from a Quest named ƒ€ƒ‰ƒNƒ‚13”Į‚Ö‚ĖŽŋ‹^‰ž“š.
-EXP/SP modifier equips are from reward by saving people. (B9F talk the person next to the elevator.)
There is no SP1.3 other than PT Skill but having two SP1.2 should be more than enough.

Alrighty then. Thanks a lot!!
---
Everything stemmed from Chaos, Aligned to Cosmos, Brought forth by Space, Woven with Time and Governed by Gravity.
#109KuroikiPosted 5/6/2013 5:08:24 AM
Hacker's MATK also affect their auto-skill healing strength.

The Trap damage depends on the Skill Level and its damage is fixed x Level of the skill.
Its usually useful against Furowaro Seed. So, use it if you can.
You'd need to attack the enemy with the correct attribute to active it.
For example: Fire Trap's extra damage can only be done with Fire.

As you proceed the Story you'll unlock Cure Trap which can only be activate either by
Healing Skill or by Items. Hacker's auto-healing won't work.
It can be useful but it doesn't really worth it.

Hacker in a Party usually act more Support (Buffs) than anything else.
They rarely ever attack and this time Hacking is quite hard.
You'll probably be too busy re-casting Buffs to use Hacking or Debuff the enemy.

As XenoStrikerDX said;
Lost Power and Scapegoat are one of their attack arsenal that require MATK.
However, those skills still require the enemy to be in ''Hacking Status'' to use it.
Usually in a Party you'll probably never or rarely use it.
Hacking Status doesn't last long so you'll need their React to be on to Set-up.
-Boss is about 1~2 turns
-Enemy last about 2~3 turns

Once you've completely unlock their Skills Set they can finally control the field easier.
But that will be near End Game.
#110IlluminoiusPosted 5/6/2013 5:23:06 AM
Kuroiki posted...

they don't stack