Team discussion and tip exchange.

#121Chaos_MissilePosted 6/9/2013 7:59:34 AM
*enters*

Quick question for a future player of both this game and its prequel: down the road, is there a way to respec the skills, both this game and its prequel or are you stuck with what skills you spent the skill points on?
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#122IlluminoiusPosted 6/9/2013 9:48:59 AM
you can respend your points at basically any time but at the cost of a few levels (which really sucks)
#123Chaos_MissilePosted 6/9/2013 4:40:58 PM
Illuminoius posted...
you can respend your points at basically any time but at the cost of a few levels (which really sucks)

All the points spent thus far?

The cost is...not too bad. I think its common for the genre(ie Wizadry-style). EO and Class of Heroes both did it.

And later stages should theorectically allow you to gain back those levels in half the time it took to gain them in the first place ^_^
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#124Endless_Night(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 6:03:54 PM
And not to mention that slight stat gained when you change your class.
---
Everything stemmed from Chaos, Aligned to Cosmos, Brought forth by Space, Woven with Time and Governed by Gravity.
#125IlluminoiusPosted 6/12/2013 11:37:10 PM
the game is easy enough for misspent skill points not to matter outside of two or maybe three boss fights
#126WaltZ015Posted 6/15/2013 6:04:19 AM
I recently caved in and downloaded the japanese version a few days ago (apparently waiting for an english version is a lost cause).

I'm currently on chapter 4 with lv 30 characters since i recently traded my trickster-psychic-hacker team for a samurai-destroyer-psychic team. I realized that even though a hacker is awesome, my current team deals a lot more damage overall, making grinding for levels easier.

That being said, does anyone have a suggestion on skill buildup for samurai and destroyer? There are lots of skills that seem repetitive to me, and i don't wanna end up wasting my SP.
#127GurutsuPosted 6/15/2013 2:09:22 PM
on destroyer focus on buffing his survibality and counters. He is walking TANK.
Samurai... I reccomend geting his aoe ability and the one that strike first and also the one that is anti air. Then get his max heal and pump rest of points into iai.
#128WaltZ015Posted 6/16/2013 1:57:13 AM
All right. Thanks Gurutsu, I'll try it out.

Also, can anyone tell me the difference between the samurai skills "hiten kiri" and "tonbogiri"? It says that both "inflicts medium damage + effective against flying enemies". However, tonbogiri requires more MANA to perform, but when I test them both out, they deal roughly the same damage. Is there a plus side to tonbogiri that I don't know about?
#129KuroikiPosted 6/16/2013 2:44:23 AM(edited)
If I remember;
飛天斬り: Effective against ''Flying'' type enemy + High Accuracy (Lower damage output)
トンボ斬り:Effective against ''Flying'' type enemy (Higher damage output)

In earlier game I'd rather advise you to use 飛天斬り because of its low Mana and High Accuracy.
Maxing it require: 1520SP
Mana Require: 2

Late game you may want to use トンボ斬り instead if you want more damage.
Maxing it require: 10650SP
Mana Require: 4
#130GurutsuPosted 6/16/2013 3:55:49 AM
What kuroiki said The second skill gets stronger late game.
Also you want to max Fudoui [Steadfast] [不動居 as fast as possible its a skill that doubles your next attack damage works even on ougi and hi ougi.