Limit boost worth it?

#1RenaliaPosted 1/21/2013 6:57:00 AM
I've been getting a good amount of event weapons from the platinum chest. I have plenty of duplicates of some but I'm wondering whether its worth it to limit boost as opposed to just have all the copies equipped.

With the 3x event bonus it seems better to have them equipped, maybe just until the event runs out?
---
Normal? If we're all freaks and you're normal, you're the freak. - Roger, CRFH
Playing: Pokemon Black 2, Walking Dead, Final Fantasy II (iOS)
#2Renalia(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 7:15:28 AM
Also, with transmutation, does the weapon lose its limit boosts? I see that it looks like its cheaper to transmute with a limit boost, but if I can get enough magicite it seems like it would be better to transmute firs then limit boost if it loses all boosts.
---
#3PhunbabaIsMyDadPosted 1/21/2013 8:41:19 AM
I just limit boosted an event item 5x, got it up to being able to be leveled to 200. Then I transmuted and it can only go up to level 120. I'm wondering if ONLY the EXP transfers when transmuting and not the Max LVL.

I'm going to get another event weapon up to top max level then im going to max its exp and then transmute to see if that changes anything.

But from what I can tell, transmuting a limit boosted item resets all the work you did limit boosting it.

Anyone have any clarification on this?
#4KittenLinaPosted 1/21/2013 8:45:26 AM(edited)
It's worth limit boosting the R+ ones, to have them cost 10 and 5 to transmute to SR.

Once at SR, I'd say to level 5 of them and once you do that start limit boosting to the point where you feel you can safely transmute it, leave the other four alone as you build up that SR+ one and max it, then work on a second one.

Or you can just transmute willy nilly, but if you're a beginner you'd probably benefit from that most. Save your scrolls and gil for when you can max enhance one of the SR weapons to the point where it says it'll only use the amount of r+ scrolls required (You get 3 per Typhon kill if you hit it, so it should only take about 40-50 scrolls)

Edit @ Phun - You are correct, it keeps the level and transfers that into whatever level you would have gotten from the switch from SR to SR+, but you lose the limit boosting you've done. You would want to limit boost to lower the shards it costs to transmute it, that is the only reason.
---
Currently playing: Runescape, BL 2 (PS3), BO2 (PS3), Diablo III, SH, BoM (Vita)
The Official Succubus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#5drakefsPosted 1/30/2013 5:58:03 PM
Short Answer:YES

Long Answer:

Do not level anything you plan on transmuting. you will loose the level boost but gain more potential damage. SR+ items can be leveled safely, as you cant transmute them. You will need fully leveled/boosted items to break the 100k barrier initially. Once at that point you should farm up the SR+ items and focus on maxing them asap.
#6Renalia(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 6:17:37 AM
So if it can be done, is a fully limit boosted SR better than an SR+ ?

Basically I'm trying to figure out if I should upgrade my Radiant Lances into SR+ or just limit boost them to the max for SR.

There is no way that I will get enough Magicite Shards to upgrade without limit boosting, so I just want to make sure that at the end of the day I can get as much as possible. I suppose the best would be limit boosted SR+ but who knows if I'll get enough CP for that.
---