Some questions...

#1Llewelyn7Posted 12/14/2012 11:12:38 AM
I was very interested but never played them because i'm not a fan of episodic releases and was waiting for it to be done.

1) Is this game series 100% complete?

2) I dont recognize the characters from the TV show - is this a different group of people in the same world?

Thanks
---
I love the Power Glove. It's so bad. - Lucas
#2badboyPosted 12/16/2012 12:53:12 PM
1. There will be season 2, with five more episodes. They won't be released anytime soon though. But the current episodes conclude season 1.
2. No, it's a different group.
#3NitharadPosted 1/2/2013 5:18:19 AM
I haven't watched the TV Show or read the comics but apperantly the Game is kind of like a Prequel to the TV Show playing just at the outbreak of the Zombie Apocalypse.

Also apperantly you will meet some characters that appear in different media like that asian-dude Glenn or that Farmer.
So they do share a universe I guess.

But there's one character who's fate can be different from the already established "canon" so there's a bit of retconning going on with having two very very very similar characters or something.

Just ... don't think about it too much. The game focuses on their own cast, the mentioned TV Show characters (or comic book ?) are just cameos really.
#4BlueGunstarHeroPosted 1/2/2013 12:35:16 PM
I'd say it's a bit more tied to the comics than the TV show, but there are only 3 characters thusfar that were confirmed to exist in the other media (Shawn Green, Hershel Green, and Glenn).

A 4th character, Lilly, was previously understood as another character from the comics, but since the October release of the Walking Dead book "Road to Woodbury" which details the comics character further, the game had conflicting information, so Telltale has retconned her status to classify her as a new character.

But yeah, any overlap is pretty much a cameo appearance all before the groups from the comics and TV show are formed.
---
Latest: Top 10 Skeletons in Capcom's Closet
Right here on GameFAQs at http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/top10/2511.html
#5JJCTroyPosted 1/6/2013 9:15:42 PM
BlueGunstarHero posted...
I'd say it's a bit more tied to the comics than the TV show, but there are only 3 characters thusfar that were confirmed to exist in the other media (Shawn Green, Hershel Green, and Glenn).

A 4th character, Lilly, was previously understood as another character from the comics, but since the October release of the Walking Dead book "Road to Woodbury" which details the comics character further, the game had conflicting information, so Telltale has retconned her status to classify her as a new character.

But yeah, any overlap is pretty much a cameo appearance all before the groups from the comics and TV show are formed.

I did find the connections interesting though. While Telltale has already stated that the game relates to the comics, I find it awesome how it actually DOES fit into the show thus far.

spoilers perhaps...

In the game, Glenn leaves Lee and co. at the motel to search for friends and family, and Lee gives him a walky-talky. In the show (which is supposed to take place weeks after the initial outbreak), Glenn uses a walky-talky when he first communicates with Rick. If Glenn ever gets a back story in the show, I wouldn't be surprised if he mentioned any of the characters from the game's motel.

As for Hershel and Shawn Green, in the game, Shawn gets killed by walkers (a guaranteed outcome no matter what decision Lee makes), prompting Hershel to undergo a severe personality change, and kick all of his temporary guests out in a rage, and for good. "Get the [EFF] out and never come back!" he says. And the group does so. I re-watched episode 6 of season 2 today, and Hershel mentions his wife and "Shawn" who turned into walkers (those aimlessly prowling inside the same barn). Hershel's personality is very different in the show, almost as if he's calmed down after accepting Shawn and his wife's fate. I was waiting for more clues to make the connection even more apparent, such as Shawn dying before his wife, but sadly, Hershel, Maggie, and co. never reveal that information.

It's cool that Telltale Games kept just enough information at bay to warrant discussion; and, since the writers of the show and the game have so much respect for the comics, this is no surprise.