I tried Aokiji. He's a beast.

#1HiroshidaPosted 3/16/2013 4:44:25 AM
One of my local mall (Jurong Point in Singapore) is running a month long event celebrating the Japanese culture. Namco also had a booth where they are showcasing the latest Naruto game as well as One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 (original version)

Only 4 characters are playable though, that being Luffy, Nami, Law and Aokiji.

Due to time constraints, only tried a bit of Luffy, before playing as Aokiji, since no one seem to be using him much.

His first special, that Ice pheasant beak, seem to be really overpowered, as the distance that it covers is really good. Opponents are pushed back and damaged at the same time. His 2nd bar is that Ice Partisan thing, though a smaller version can also be used via normal battle inputs.

Pressing R1 to trigger his style turns him into Logia mode, where his normal hailstorm attack really shine, as well as his ice blasts. The default partner that I had was luffy. Swapping out for Luffy means that Aokiji will do a icy tornado special. When the controls swap back to Aokiji, he will use "Ice Time" by default.

Ice Time seem to be easily abused though, the freeze cover almost the entire screen that Aokiji is in, and it's not even a special attack, which kind of suprised me.

Really wish Mihawk was playable at the event though, wanted to see what kind of move set he got...got a mini character token from answering a question from the hosts...on the outside, it shows Perona, but when I open it back at home, I get post timeskip Franky instead. Sigh.
#2IszecrownPosted 3/17/2013 1:54:13 AM
aokiji is my favorite op character, glad to ear he's good

just a question, what the R2 attack do ? is it "ice age" or "ice time" ?
#3cubanerrorPosted 3/17/2013 2:10:28 AM
Yesterday I saw Aokiji in action (in the game, not in real life :) and I'm glad he's in the game. He also my favourite (along with Crocodile, Enel and Kizaru) and he unlocks relative early in the game. His attacks seems to be very solid, if the enemy not dies immediately then become freezed. Very good character.
#4Hiroshida(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 12:42:07 PM
If I recall correctly, R2 seems to be the action where Aokiji does his forward kick, the same motion that he used when he tried to smash the frozen figure of Robin back in the Davy Back arc. Best used presumably with Ice Time.
#5IszecrownPosted 3/17/2013 1:56:17 PM
oh, ok thanks

was hoping to spam ice age or some big move with R2, but i like the kick idea since it can be used to break to frozen guys, like i have seen in some clip, and is kinda cool :D
#6NightmareGammaPosted 3/18/2013 2:32:55 AM
Hiroshida posted...
Really wish Mihawk was playable at the event though, wanted to see what kind of move set he got...

Wanna see Mihawk?

I'll give you a dose ;)

http://de.twitch.tv/maxlina001/b/378898577

it is the first character he played in this vid =D skip to 5 minutes to get to the action =D he also already a bit Leveled (level 28 or so)^^
---