Dark souls 2, hopefully a a lot of multiplayer fixes.

#1sjwho2Posted 2/7/2013 6:40:26 PM
These are all the things I think would make the game a lot more enjoyable for the MP experience.

1. Allow invites. I know some people might cry that the game would be too easy but you can do it already, it just takes a longer period of time. If people are set on getting their friends in you are only making their experience of the game annoying. Of course only at similar SL. Of

2. Invaders:
A) Basic stat check for hackers. Soul level 1 with 99 stats in each should be instantly flagged/banned.

B) Make the gear or such at a somewhat equal level. Endgame gear/items really don't have too much of a requirement. There should be some basic requirement for endgame gear at least for entering pvp.(pve can be w/e). The pvp in dark souls(1) isn't really fair as is, it isn't really that fun to fight a much higher player with no hope of winning. Soul Level really doesn't play too much of a factor in pvp as much as gear/items. Basic requirements like SL40 for endgame items or such would go a long way in PVP.

C. Invading should only be 1v1. It discourages new players to invade a game where 3 people are just sitting there, much less 3 people in endgame gear/equips.

D)Backstabs shouldn't be the focus of melee. And you shouldn't be able to fish for riposte/counters.
E)Magic needs some fixing all around. I like the system i just don't like items that "lock-on" personally, but there is still several things I'd change about magic in general.
F) Basic connection issues need to be fixed. Like not joining someone or being joined by someone with a horrible connection to you.

Anyway thats what I think needs fixing, you?
#2Drago77Posted 2/8/2013 10:55:20 AM
sjwho2 posted...
These are all the things I think would make the game a lot more enjoyable for the MP experience.

1. Allow invites. I know some people might cry that the game would be too easy but you can do it already, it just takes a longer period of time. If people are set on getting their friends in you are only making their experience of the game annoying. Of course only at similar SL. Of

2. Invaders:
A) Basic stat check for hackers. Soul level 1 with 99 stats in each should be instantly flagged/banned.

B) Make the gear or such at a somewhat equal level. Endgame gear/items really don't have too much of a requirement. There should be some basic requirement for endgame gear at least for entering pvp.(pve can be w/e). The pvp in dark souls(1) isn't really fair as is, it isn't really that fun to fight a much higher player with no hope of winning. Soul Level really doesn't play too much of a factor in pvp as much as gear/items. Basic requirements like SL40 for endgame items or such would go a long way in PVP.

C. Invading should only be 1v1. It discourages new players to invade a game where 3 people are just sitting there, much less 3 people in endgame gear/equips.

D)Backstabs shouldn't be the focus of melee. And you shouldn't be able to fish for riposte/counters.
E)Magic needs some fixing all around. I like the system i just don't like items that "lock-on" personally, but there is still several things I'd change about magic in general.
F) Basic connection issues need to be fixed. Like not joining someone or being joined by someone with a horrible connection to you.

Anyway thats what I think needs fixing, you?

1. I completely agree, it's a hassle to be putting summon sign down for 5 minutes straight.
2. A) There aren't any hackers to my knowledge on PS3, may be 360 or PC?
B) Disagree. This is one of the great things about Dark Souls & Demon's Souls, if you earn good gear at a low level you should be able to invade players with it who are also low level. Then again, they can't allow another glitch like a Bottomless Box glitch. As long as people earn their gear legitimately, they have all the rights to invade other low ranked players.
C) Disagree. Again, this is part of the game, you take a risk while invading someone and it should not be limited to just duels, also having 3 phantoms crush through the game without any obstacles would essentially be easy mode. It's also pretty satisfying to win a 1 vs. 3 invasion.
D) All they need to do is make a smaller window for backstabs. They are part of the game and make weapons like daggers and rapiers viable in PvP. Parries take skill to pull off, so if you get parried it's usually your own fault.
E) Please be more specific.
F) They are going back to server system for Dark Souls 2 which should help somewhat, but there will always be lag in an online game.
---
www.youtube.com/ivandrago2k
PSN:Halle_Berry
#3ChubbyflamingoPosted 2/9/2013 9:02:01 PM
I do not think they should allow invites unless it is some sort of covenant option, then I find it okay. The main reason being, I don't want to be dragged out of the world of dark souls by inviting people into my game with some sort of menu system. I like how they incorporated multiplayer so that you are never dragged out of the experience of the game.

With that all said though, I would like to be able to find players more easily, and I think that by having dedicated servers it will help a lot.
#4Drago77Posted 2/9/2013 9:42:51 PM
Chubbyflamingo posted...
I do not think they should allow invites unless it is some sort of covenant option, then I find it okay. The main reason being, I don't want to be dragged out of the world of dark souls by inviting people into my game with some sort of menu system. I like how they incorporated multiplayer so that you are never dragged out of the experience of the game.

With that all said though, I would like to be able to find players more easily, and I think that by having dedicated servers it will help a lot.

It could be a separate summon sign that is only visible to your friends within the soul range.
---
www.youtube.com/ivandrago2k
PSN:Halle_Berry
#5ChubbyflamingoPosted 2/10/2013 5:44:17 PM
Drago77 posted...
Chubbyflamingo posted...

It could be a separate summon sign that is only visible to your friends within the soul range.

That's actually pretty cool, I take back what I said if they do it right. It would be cool if the game knows your friends list and the summon signs of your friends would be a separate color than the others (like Solaires).
#6sjwho2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 5:21:32 PM
Chubbyflamingo posted...
Drago77 posted...
Chubbyflamingo posted...

That's actually pretty cool, I take back what I said if they do it right. It would be cool if the game knows your friends list and the summon signs of your friends would be a separate color than the others (like Solaires).

Of course only at the similar soul levels. I agree with drago except for backstabs. I don't think clubs/bigger weapons should be given that ability.

Gear should have balanced for pvp, but I'd settle with getting rid of glitches and such.

Oh and Drago yeah, PC/XBOX full of hackers in pvp. PS3 generally doesn't have such but can be just as easy.
--------

Magic: I'd prefer faster casting without relying on the games kinda iffy lock on.
#7AlbinoCrocodilePosted 2/12/2013 2:27:03 AM
No. Go away.
---
Miss Albino at your service...
Not really.
#8d3dsightPosted 2/12/2013 9:56:20 AM
The thing you have to understand is that these games are not meant to be played with friends. It may seem like a multiplayer game should inherently make it easy/encourage playing with friends, but that's not true here, and thusly the system doesn't need to be "fixed".

It would be different if the games were advertised/promoted for co-opping through. Then they would definitely need fixing, because the co-op system could be considered pretty awful.

But the game isn't designed that way...that's why phantoms disappear after a boss is killed. That's why NPC summon signs are near the boss instead of the start of an area. That's why you can't be invaded after the area's boss has been killed. All of the online components work in tandem...

Suffice it to say I understand your point, but what you are suggesting would hurt the online component of the game (assuming the core online mechanics stay the same) in so many ways it's not even worth listing them all. And it's definitely not about difficulty. The game is already pretty easy when you understand the mechanics (understanding them can be daunting, and is really why these games are known for their difficulty). You can literally summon phantoms and beat the majority of the areas/bosses (except the few non-multiplayer ones) without ever attacking. Games don't get much easier than that...

TL;DR:

These games are not meant to be co-opped all the way through, and they aren't meant to be co-opped with friends. There's nothing wrong with wanting them to be (although I disagree), but the co-op system doesn't need to be "fixed", because it is working as intended.
#9Suffer_NotPosted 2/12/2013 1:29:20 PM
I feel like a lot of these points could be addressed by a more robust covenant system.

Imagine that the Princess Guard got a Silver Soapstone. You use that and place a Silver summoning sign which you can examine and use to write a message or whatever. Then, someone with a Silver Orb that they purchase from some merchant can use their orb and look at all silver signs within their level range and area. Bam, you have a way to invite people that doesn't step outside of the game's settings. Besides, Princess Guard is probably the best for PvE through a level since their group heals are fine for right after a tough room but not very practical in a fast paced boss fight.

And for the getting ganked thing. The Way of the White now gets an Ivory Ring and someone sells an Ivory Orb. If you're invading someone and they outnumber you, using the Ivory Orb will bring in someone from the Way to fight the evil undead host and rescue the humanity that they have on their person (or whatever). There is a lot of stuff that these covenants could be doing instead of ... effectively nothing :x

I kind of disagree on the gear thing. I think that if someone can get all the way through the Catacombs and kill Pinwheel, then they should be allowed to wear the mask of the brat and fight people with it. I don't think they should be able to Bottomless Box glitch all their items in on a level 1 character, because that is kind of dumb, but if they can do it legit they all the more power to them.

And I agree that there are some problems with Magic. From what I have seen and read, magic in Demon's Souls was overpowered and magic in Dark Souls is an invitation to get stabbed in the back. And as much as I like Pyromancy, a +5 ascended glove with greater spells is a significant combat advantage comparable to several levels worth of Intelligence. Some sort of limiter (the glove cannot be ascended until Level 40 or something arbitrary) would make it less traumatic for newbies in the Undead Burg.

These games are not meant to be co-opped all the way through, and they aren't meant to be co-opped with friends. There's nothing wrong with wanting them to be (although I disagree), but the co-op system doesn't need to be "fixed", because it is working as intended.

While I agree that the game is not intended to be co-oped, I don't have a problem with that being an option. Some people will choose to use it to get an advantage, some won't. I don't see how that is any different from taking the Master Key and skipping the Depths, or using a bow to get the Drake Sword and having 3 times the damage potential of a standard weapon. I'm in love with the idea of game's allowing someone to adjust the difficulty in without needing to go into the settings option. It's far more immersive to summon Solaire for Ornstein and Smough than it is to hit escape, go to difficulty, and turn it down to easy.
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX