How does the "Power Stance" work? Anyone?

#1EWGFPosted 7/3/2013 4:13:43 PM(edited)
I've read 3 different versions thusfar of this mechanic from descriptions of the demo:

1. Hold Triangle and release to enter dual-wielding "Power Stance" (pressing it will simply result in a normal stance change to two-handed grip, you have to hold the input longer). Bad option.

2. Pressing Triangle while dual wielding will enter Power Stance, instead of swapping to a two-handed grip. Worst option.

3. Holding Triangle enters power stance, releasing it returns to normal stance. To access Power Stance attacks you will need to hold triangle and press triggers/shoulder buttons. Optimal of the 3.

Anyone that actually play the demo know how it works? Two of those descriptions of how it works look terrible, with only the 3rd option being even remotely appealing.
---
Soulcraft Science.
PSN: E-W-G-F
#2BombayNugzPosted 7/3/2013 5:18:00 PM
Holding buttons would suck complete ass and would limit the amount of things you could do.
---
Go Big Red
PSN: BOMBAYNUGZ420
#3MC_Knight01Posted 7/3/2013 5:31:59 PM
Tap once for dual wield, tap again for power, tap a third to return to normal.
---
The PvP Code: More like "guidelines" than actual rules
#4DuneManPosted 7/3/2013 6:32:50 PM
It depends... if the power stance has entire combos then holding the button might be bad. That said, holding the button for a second to switch stances until the button is tapped again would be optimal.

But, if it just enables four specific dual wielding strikes, then holding it for the split second it takes to press one of the shoulder buttons would be optimal.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#5JvaasPosted 7/3/2013 7:41:00 PM(edited)
if you have a shield, torch or catalyst in your off hand pressing triangle will result in you two handing your weapon

if you have a weapon in your off hand pressing triangle will put you into power stance

*EDIT*

also you have to keep in mind weapons for dual wielding builds are likely to be daggers or shortswords... weapons that look pretty ridiculous to hold with both hands. not being able to two hand certain weapons to better incorporate dual wielding is something i am in favour of.
#6Nick_Chaos007Posted 7/3/2013 8:52:14 PM
Jvaas posted...
if you have a shield, torch or catalyst in your off hand pressing triangle will result in you two handing your weapon

if you have a weapon in your off hand pressing triangle will put you into power stance

*EDIT*

also you have to keep in mind weapons for dual wielding builds are likely to be daggers or shortswords... weapons that look pretty ridiculous to hold with both hands. not being able to two hand certain weapons to better incorporate dual wielding is something i am in favour of.

So what your saying is that not all weapons will be able to be 2 handed? this is interesting. I understand things like daggers but swords? Makes me thing the will add a new weapon category, "Short swords" and "hand axes". Opposed to normal straight swords and battle axes.
---
Kill one man, You're a murderer. Kill 1,000 men, You're a king. Kill them all....and You're a god!
#7EWGF(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2013 11:56:06 PM
BombayNugz posted...
Holding buttons would suck complete ass and would limit the amount of things you could do.

Limit how? Camera control? Triangle Nugz.

MC_Knight01 posted...
Tap once for dual wield, tap again for power, tap a third to return to normal.

This seems kinda' bad too... mainly because you're at the mercy of a swap animation between 3 stances. You will have to cycle through extra stances needlessly.

Jvaas posted...

I guess this is alright if this is how it is. It makes sense that you cant dual-wield zweis. I just don't like the thought of having a short sword, and an off-hand but not being able to double grip the medium sized weapon in the right hand. I guess if it's balanced and well-executed I can't complain.
---
Soulcraft Science.
PSN: E-W-G-F
#8DJ_0000Posted 7/4/2013 7:28:03 AM(edited)
The description I read sounded like option 1 to me and even though option 3 sounds best I don't have any confidence that they would do anything but option 1. From Software logic...

I guess it could be that you hold triangle to replace your normal stance with dual wield, so after that tapping triangle would simply switch between dual stance and two hand stance. I don't think we have had a proper explanation from anyone though and quite frankly I don't think any of the people who played it quite understood how a lot of the stuff worked either.
#9Raven_ShikumiPosted 7/4/2013 9:17:42 AM
Why wouldn't you be able to two hand all weapons?

You just can't two hand while you have another blade in your other hand. It's most likely that certain classes of weapons will be "dual wieldable", things like two ultra greatswords wouldn't work.
When you're wielding two dual wield compatible weapons, Y makes you switch to power stance rather than two handing.

Simple. If you have any other sort of combination it two hands the weapon.
---
Mowowowow.
#10Arcsx3Posted 7/4/2013 10:10:13 AM
Dunno if its been mention but I say tap Y for 2h and double tap Tri/Y for dual wield. I mean if you double tap O/B to jump while running that's easy enough and can be done flawlessly so I really don't see how one tap and the second option for double tap being and issue.