Read the Message!!!

#1bvanbovePosted 10/24/2013 7:49:51 PM
Oh how people choose to not read. It amazes me.

Whether you expected to get a Beta invite or not, I would have imagined you read the whole message. Apparently that is not the case.

It clearly says "October 26th" as the date of the test. And if you are in the U.S. and can't figure out how to change the time from Pacific Daylight Time to where ever you live...part of me says you should spend less time worrying about closed Betas for video games.

I really don't like being an a#$, but things like this upset me when there are so many people complaining about the same thing when the answer is literally right in front of them.

And to everyone complaining about the time...remember...it's a Japanese-based company. They have to run it when they have staff awake to keep track of whatever information they need to as 90,000 more of us log on to their servers/game. And stop complaining. If we, as regular people, get a chance to actually try out a game before it comes out we should consider ourselves lucky. This sort of thing is not a given nor is it something that's always "open" to the general public. I guess no one remembers a time when you'd go to the store and drop $60 on a new game you had seen nothing about other than perhaps a couple screenshots and a short article in a magazine, trusting that it would be a good game.

One more thing....Namco-Bandai/From Software are doing these sorts of tests to make sure that they minimize any problems when the full game actually releases, making sure that everyone doesn't start complaining about the actual game upon its actual release.

So quit your whining and be happy that we get a chance to experience this game. I know I can't wait.
---
Is it true that if you don't use it......you lose it???
#2AnimeKid1089Posted 10/24/2013 7:55:07 PM
bvanbove posted...

Whether you expected to get a Beta invite or not, I would have imagined you read the whole message. Apparently that is not the case.

It clearly says "October 26th" as the date of the test. And if you are in the U.S. and can't figure out how to change the time from Pacific Daylight Time to where ever you live...part of me says you should spend less time worrying about closed Betas for video games.

I really don't like being an a#$, but things like this upset me when there are so many people complaining about the same thing when the answer is literally right in front of them.

And to everyone complaining about the time...remember...it's a Japanese-based company. They have to run it when they have staff awake to keep track of whatever information they need to as 90,000 more of us log on to their servers/game. And stop complaining. If we, as regular people, get a chance to actually try out a game before it comes out we should consider ourselves lucky. This sort of thing is not a given nor is it something that's always "open" to the general public. I guess no one remembers a time when you'd go to the store and drop $60 on a new game you had seen nothing about other than perhaps a couple screenshots and a short article in a magazine, trusting that it would be a good game.

One more thing....Namco-Bandai/From Software are doing these sorts of tests to make sure that they minimize any problems when the full game actually releases, making sure that everyone doesn't start complaining about the actual game upon its actual release.

So quit your whining and be happy that we get a chance to experience this game. I know I can't wait.

Except the problem is that even though people have access to the Network Test, we can't play it still because it "requires the latest update data" when we already have it.
---
I am not a kid, nor a huge fan of anime, so don't ask.
#3JackArthurPosted 10/24/2013 8:20:15 PM
AnimeKid1089 posted...
bvanbove posted...

Except the problem is that even though people have access to the Network Test, we can't play it still because it "requires the latest update data" when we already have it.

Please be a joke post
#4GrimlaPosted 10/24/2013 8:24:08 PM
AnimeKid1089 posted...
bvanbove posted...

You're joking right?
#5Exiled_TonberryPosted 10/24/2013 10:00:36 PM
Make fun of the guy instead of actually answer his question. Ha, typical.

Anyway, AnimeKid1089: It only says that for now. When the beta goes on, you'll be able to boot up the beta and play normally. Until then, it'll say stuff like that. Don't worry about it~
---
Slime girls are the best. They're so...slimy...and warm...and gooey~
Chef's Knife>Lion Heart>Omnislash>Blitz Ace>Grand Lethal>Army of One
#6RatchetRulePosted 10/24/2013 10:05:40 PM
Exiled_Tonberry posted...

Anyway, AnimeKid1089: It only says that for now. When the beta goes on, you'll be able to boot up the beta and play normally. Until then, it'll say stuff like that. Don't worry about it~

It only says in the first post that the beta's not until the 26th...
---
PSN: Ace Attorney
On the internet, which console you own is more important than what religion you follow or what political party you're with.
#7Exiled_TonberryPosted 10/24/2013 10:18:49 PM(edited)
RatchetRule posted...

I'm talking about the people who responded to Animekid's question with , "Really?" and "Tell me you're joking".

I always had bad experiences with going into a new game series, and asking questions just to be treated like an idiot over questions common to that fanbase. So I hate to see it happening to others.
Is it really hard to just answer the question?
---
Slime girls are the best. They're so...slimy...and warm...and gooey~
Chef's Knife>Lion Heart>Omnislash>Blitz Ace>Grand Lethal>Army of One
#8rainedownPosted 10/24/2013 10:46:49 PM
Can someone just post a beta FAQ for all these people to refer them too? One that stresses that it's a network test, on the 26th, etc.

Seems like it would be easier to keep that bumped and referred to than to keep answering the same questions, and if it's written nicely would keep us a bit more civil.
#9koichiPosted 10/24/2013 11:30:52 PM
RatchetRule posted...

I'm talking about the people who responded to Animekid's question with , "Really?" and "Tell me you're joking".

I always had bad experiences with going into a new game series, and asking questions just to be treated like an idiot over questions common to that fanbase. So I hate to see it happening to others.

No the answer is because the beta is not untill the 26th >_>. regardless if you are new to a series or not, its not to hard to guess there will be an update released at the time of the testing, Theres no reason to do it now other than to save time and get into the game sooner.
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)
#10YagaminouePosted 10/25/2013 12:38:57 AM
RatchetRule posted...

He was being treated like an idiot because he was acting like one. I hate people who expect to be spoonfed information and can't just find the answer by reading one or two lines (in the same post he quoted no less).