think Dark Souls II will be more challenging than Demon's Souls?

#11ThatGuy2599Posted 1/16/2014 11:32:27 PM
Ceasless Discharge, a boss who would be really difficult can easily be beaten by...running away and causing him to kill himself.

Yeap.
#12Braid_DeanPosted 1/17/2014 12:16:10 AM
I was using exploitability as a measure of thoroughness.
I mean,
if you HAVE to go OUT of your way to be in DANGER,
they are obviously not a very good design.

Ceaseless Discharge was a weird fight to begin with,
and is followed immediately by 2 other bosses
one of which is able to exploit YOU by attacking long range 20 times
in a row
so I dont think hes such a big deal if hes exploitable.
#13Hitoshura_Posted 1/17/2014 1:18:54 AM
Ceaseless Discharge is a gimmick boss to begin with. The only other legit way to beat him is to hide in the pathway leading to the Gold Hemmed set, and luring him to attack so you could hit him. Repeat x 8.

If you take him head on, he would just annihilate you. There's no possible way to dodge his attacks otherwise.

One cannot kill by regular means that which Discharges Ceaselessly.
---
"Why little girl has beard?"
-"Well, my dad was a man, and my mother was a woman"
#14Fa1nTyPosted 1/17/2014 6:08:17 AM
Hitoshura_ posted...
Ceaseless Discharge is a gimmick boss to begin with. The only other legit way to beat him is to hide in the pathway leading to the Gold Hemmed set, and luring him to attack so you could hit him. Repeat x 8.

If you take him head on, he would just annihilate you. There's no possible way to dodge his attacks otherwise.

It's called rolling before he hits you
---
PSN : Fa1nT6
Dark Souls Tips - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB557B8555A0AD36A&feature=plcp
#15Hitoshura_Posted 1/17/2014 6:45:34 AM
He has a fire discharge move that is undodgable, unless you're really far away from him already.
---
"Why little girl has beard?"
-"Well, my dad was a man, and my mother was a woman"
#16fr3dlePosted 1/17/2014 8:52:15 AM
Braid_Dean posted...
When any man with salt can see that they are equal in contrasting ways.

hehe

By what we've seen, I have to agree. It looks like the AI has been greatly improved so back stabbing is more difficult.
Also during both the back stab, opening doors, critical damage animations the player is vulnerable. that presents new challenges in it's self.
#17YoozayPosted 1/17/2014 10:11:44 AM
Braid_Dean posted...
Demons Souls wasnt hard. Only a 3rd of the bosses werent outright exploitable,
and normal enemies werent anything with the ability to stack grass
and the fact that they did LESS damage than Dark Souls enemies per pound because levels didnt have checkpoints.

And neither was Dark Souls. People just have a naive habit of comparing
their novice experience of their first Souls game with their veteran experience of their second Souls game. When any man with salt
can see that they are equal in contrasting ways.

Dark Souls 2 is blending the traits of both games together however
so it stands to be more difficult on over-complexity alone.
And thats not even considering that enemies
are overall more defensible if the beta is representative of anything.

Should be a good time.

QTF. So true; I believe it couldn't of been said any better.
---
PSN: ManeaterMiIdred
#18Isaac_RedfieldPosted 1/24/2014 7:17:15 AM(edited)
NuuType posted...
But Demons Souls was the easier of the two, without a doubt. Without exploits.

I just don't really understand this. I never actually ran around with "infinite grass" or whatever people claimed was normal with that game, and I felt that Dark Souls was drastically easier in so many ways aside from a few bosses. Maybe it was just because Demon's had that initial learning curve to work out, and going into Dark right from Demon's was an easy transition.

Neither were "ultra hardest game of all time for eternity" either like so many love to claim, but I can understand why people that didn't grow up on 8-bit and 16-bit games might think so. Compared to most games that came out last gen they could be considered some of the hardest.

Hitoshura_ posted...

Really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4rSGaj0_3w
#19Cvdf3Posted 1/24/2014 7:26:58 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#20Suhn-Sol-JashinPosted 1/24/2014 3:11:37 PM
Yoozay posted...
Braid_Dean posted...
Demons Souls wasnt hard. Only a 3rd of the bosses werent outright exploitable,
and normal enemies werent anything with the ability to stack grass
and the fact that they did LESS damage than Dark Souls enemies per pound because levels didnt have checkpoints.

And neither was Dark Souls. People just have a naive habit of comparing
their novice experience of their first Souls game with their veteran experience of their second Souls game. When any man with salt
can see that they are equal in contrasting ways.

Dark Souls 2 is blending the traits of both games together however
so it stands to be more difficult on over-complexity alone.
And thats not even considering that enemies
are overall more defensible if the beta is representative of anything.

Should be a good time.

QTF. So true; I believe it couldn't of been said any better.

Isaac_Redfield posted...
NuuType posted...
But Demons Souls was the easier of the two, without a doubt. Without exploits.

I just don't really understand this. I never actually ran around with "infinite grass" or whatever people claimed was normal with that game, and I felt that Dark Souls was drastically easier in so many ways aside from a few bosses. Maybe it was just because Demon's had that initial learning curve to work out, and going into Dark right from Demon's was an easy transition.

Neither were "ultra hardest game of all time for eternity" either like so many love to claim, but I can understand why people that didn't grow up on 8-bit and 16-bit games might think so. Compared to most games that came out last gen they could be considered some of the hardest.

Hitoshura_ posted...

Really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4rSGaj0_3w

Let's just say that Souls games are superb, shall we, to any franchise that has come before?
---
PSN ID: Suhn-Sol-Jashin
I am a turtle knight. Fear me.