I hope Dom releases Mega Mule for Dark Souls 2 after 3-5 months of it's release.

#11SolidKnightPosted 1/19/2014 1:02:23 PM
UltimatesTruth posted...
Yeah.. Cheaters who made the online still active.
Better be thankful.

...? For about one month then it drove online activity into the ground.
#12GrowshroomPosted 1/19/2014 2:41:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6eKsMMbJWI
---
+50 HP
Shoot the mask to hear more
#13Ryan_SilverFoxPosted 1/19/2014 6:14:28 PM
If that's the case, I hope they put a mod in that lets me see your home address, so I can come over and punch you in the face for the idea.
#14A7X_NightmarePosted 1/19/2014 8:49:46 PM
SolidKnight posted...
UltimatesTruth posted...
Yeah.. Cheaters who made the online still active.
Better be thankful.

...? For about one month then it drove online activity into the ground.

---
You can find me in Lordran. Praise The Sun!
#15Cvdf3Posted 1/19/2014 9:20:04 PM
There needs to be some way to make PvP characters. Don't give me the play through the game bs every character either. PvE is my favorite aspect of the series, PvP adds a significant chunk to the experience but it is not my favorite part of the games. That being said, -nothing- came closer to making me never want to play the game again than blasting through the PvE every time I wanted to make a PvP character. Not only was it tedious and devoid of any challenge by then but it was quickly ruining the thing I liked the most about the game in the first place.
---
# < . . . @ . + . D . ( . #
#16MiyasakiiiPosted 1/20/2014 5:29:31 AM
I fail to this day to see the point of the megamule. Wouldn't it be more funny if people just get their weapons by working for it? I understand people have to work and other things to do, but the way they cheated things in DkS1 just made me not play the game. I don't this to happen in DkS2 and if they find a way, release it 2 years later
#17SolidKnightPosted 1/20/2014 6:43:19 AM
Cvdf3 posted...
There needs to be some way to make PvP characters. Don't give me the play through the game bs every character either. PvE is my favorite aspect of the series, PvP adds a significant chunk to the experience but it is not my favorite part of the games. That being said, -nothing- came closer to making me never want to play the game again than blasting through the PvE every time I wanted to make a PvP character. Not only was it tedious and devoid of any challenge by then but it was quickly ruining the thing I liked the most about the game in the first place.

There are several ways to go about it:

1. Change nothing. The player opts to make flexible builds--which is what I ended up doing in the previous two games. This greatly reduces the number of builds you need to make. You could easily get away with QLTY, INT, and FTH as your only three builds.

2. They could opt to allow the player to respec upon game cycle completion. It would make experimentation easier and allow players to revise their stat allocation while still making them commit to their decisions (at least for a game cycle). You wouldn't be able to change your character's starting class so you'd be stuck with that decision though.

3. They could opt to have an inventory pool where certain things can be shared between multiple characters. I don't really care for this option too much because I feel that it would lead to a lot of problems the BBG created in Dark Souls. Maybe if it acted as a transfer system rather than a pool? Where you can give something one character has to another ensuring that only one character can have it at any one time.

4. Have an unlockable custom starting class mode where you can equip your character with earned gear. You would be limited to only being able to provide gear that the character will start out on their body so no dumping one-hundred weapons on them. Basically, one armor combination, six weapons, and two rings.

Out of all these, I like the second one the best. It still leaves incentive to roll characters from scratch but still allows players to either optimize their stats better or experiment.