To clear up voicechat for everybody...

#1Proudleaf24Posted 2/2/2014 3:17:47 PM
"When you have the voice chat option on, and obviously your ally has it on, only during co-op you will be able to hear voice chat" Miyazoe

It only works for co-op people, and it only works if both you and your co-op have it enabled. It does not work for invaders, and it does not work by itself with the host.
---
You're gonna love my nuts
#2Fa1nTyPosted 2/2/2014 3:19:14 PM
voice chat is the new sh*tpost of the week, they will get bored after a while and go back to being so funny on the dark souls boards
---
PSN : Fa1nT6
Dark Souls Tips - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB557B8555A0AD36A&feature=plcp
#3JusticeSwordPosted 2/2/2014 3:21:55 PM
Walkthroughs, glitches, chatrooms, forums, phonecalls are all fine, but an optional probably hard to find ring with a vague description that is only useful during co op & takes up a ring slot that could be better used? UNACCEPTABLE!!!11One1!
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#4Proudleaf24(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 3:24:16 PM
JusticeSword posted...
Walkthroughs, glitches, chatrooms, forums, phonecalls are all fine, but an optional probably hard to find ring with a vague description that is only useful during co op & takes up a ring slot that could be better used? UNACCEPTABLE!!!11One1!

Yeah, their reasoning doesn't make any sense to me either. My only hope is that this topic will at least shut up the people who are calling doom and gloom on the topic.
---
You're gonna love my nuts
#5simonbelmont2Posted 2/2/2014 3:29:14 PM
JusticeSword posted...

So true.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#6ShinyToyPaladinPosted 2/2/2014 3:32:45 PM
Nope, I'll proudly speak out about voice chat.

It doesn't matter, adding it at all goes against Froms philosophy about the the game. It's about them making a concession to an issue they have been against for awhile now. This doesn't mean the franchise is dead, but it doesn't exactly bode well for the future either, especially as the franchise rises in popularity.

If you are happy they are adding voice chat. Fine, whatever.

But stop treating everyone who is against it like they are stupid for having negative opinions on the matter. I bet most people against voice chat didn't use phonecalls or skype to circumvent how the game was meant to be played in the first place.

It's about preserving the games artistic integrity.
---
3DS FC: 2492-5002-7721
#7simonbelmont2Posted 2/2/2014 3:43:30 PM
ShinyToyPaladin posted...

It doesn't matter, adding it at all goes against Froms philosophy about the the game. It's about them making a concession to an issue they have been against for awhile now. This doesn't mean the franchise is dead, but it doesn't exactly bode well for the future either, especially as the franchise rises in popularity.

But stop treating everyone who is against it like they are stupid for having negative opinions on the matter. I bet most people against voice chat didn't use phonecalls or skype to circumvent how the game was meant to be played in the first place.

Each to his own I guess. I think it is a trivial matter and not something that would really detract from my enjoyment of the game because I can just ignore it. I also don't think it is necessarily a bad omen for the future of the series.There is no reason to start predicting doom and gloom for the series just because of a few minor changes.

If the devs feel that it can fit in the game then I will give them the benefit of the doubt right now.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#8JusticeSwordPosted 2/2/2014 3:45:03 PM

Fallout 3 completely lacked the artistic integrity, lore, & storytelling, from 1,2 & T, yet it is widely regarded as the best one. (though I prefer NV)

Artistic integrity isnt as important to everyone im afraid. As long as the game continues to not hand everything to me like others i'll be fine, Gameplay integrity supercedes artistic integrity IMO.
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#9ShinyToyPaladinPosted 2/2/2014 3:51:20 PM(edited)
JusticeSword posted...

Fallout 3 completely lacked the artistic integrity, lore, & storytelling, from 1,2 & T, yet it is widely regarded as the best one. (though I prefer NV)

Artistic integrity isnt as important to everyone im afraid. As long as the game continues to not hand everything to me like others i'll be fine, Gameplay integrity supercedes artistic integrity IMO.

But there are plenty, and I mean PLENTY, of other games to play if someone wanted to play co-op game with their friends. This series is far too atmospheric, sutble, and non conventional, to have something as direct and modern as voice chat. It just doesn't fit.

Sometimes harming the artistic vision behind the game really hurts it, and adding a gameplay feature doesn't necessarily mean it improves the quality of the game. Even though voice chat conveys information much more efficiently, I highly doubt Journey would have been a better game if it had voice chat. It would have detracted from the experience.
---
3DS FC: 2492-5002-7721
#10Dark_EpathyPosted 2/2/2014 3:55:55 PM
I don't know if Journey is totally analogous to Dark Souls. In that game, you just bump into other players randomly. It's a huge feature of the game--you're meant to work together with others.

But in Dark Souls, people are making conscious decisions to summon help. That already seems like a deliberate choice to throw off any pretense of atmosphere and just get on with the game.

I get your point, but it seems, to me, at least, that anyone summoning help frequently--and to the extent that they would even bother with voice chat in the first place--isn't interested in experiencing the game as we may like to do so.
---
"We're not too far gone. We can come back." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead