I hope Dark Souls 2 features a Rat King enemy/NPC/boss

#1GrowshroomPosted 2/4/2014 2:51:04 AM
Giant Rats are returning in Dark Souls II, and there may even be a covenant related to them in some way (referred to in the leaked achievements as the "Gnawing" covenant).

With that in mind, a Rat King would fit in very well, both design and lore-wise. I mean, just listen to this rad, metal *****ing *****:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_king_%28folklore%29

Rat kings are phenomena said to arise when a number of rats become intertwined at their tails, which become stuck together with blood, dirt, ice, feces or simply knotted. The animals reputedly grow together while joined at the tails. The numbers of rats that are joined together can vary, but rat kings formed naturally from a large number of rats are rarer. The phenomenon is particularly associated with Germany, where the majority of instances have been reported. Historically, there are various superstitions surrounding rat kings, and they were often seen as a bad omen, particularly associated with plagues.

---
+50 HP
Shoot the mask to hear more
#2saxrohmerPosted 2/4/2014 6:07:48 AM
One of my favorite horrible things. Water snake breeding balls are right up there too.
---
No bad places, One has no uses for abuses.
#3JusticeSwordPosted 2/4/2014 6:20:43 AM
The only way to defeat it is to play the pipe to the archives sorcerer animation?
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#4VitharPosted 2/4/2014 6:37:53 AM
Nice!! lol that would be so fitting!
---
PSN: Vithar ~ Xbox: Vithar360
#5Neo_OnionKnightPosted 2/4/2014 6:40:47 AM
I'll allow it if when the Rat King dies his guts split wide open, and the Giant Shroom King walks out to snatch away a shortlived victory...

Also I should mention that it is quite possible that there could be rat clusters/heap balls/rat rolls underneath modern cities today because of lard/fat overuse by fast food chains cluggin up the sewage system. This is especially true in colder climates, where fat effectively solidifies rapidly and rats among other creatures could be looking for a quick meal. The creatures get caught and turn into a mound of living fat, effectively able to live and probably crapping on the spot since they're stuck.

Tis possible...I wouldn't want to be the first man to witness such things...
---
"An obvious answer wrapped in cheap enigma foil, placed in a lunchbox of deceit surrounded by a mould of ignorance" - Meaning of Life
#6Arc166Posted 2/4/2014 10:01:19 AM
I want to use it as a weapon. Like nunchucks except replace everything with rats.
#7Braid_DeanPosted 2/4/2014 1:06:55 PM
A real rat king in anything has been a long time coming.
Generally we just get a Nutcrackers Rat King.
I mean
masses of body parts have been in both souls games
and legion seems to imply itll continue. Rat king would be
pretty natural.
#8Shroom_SoulPosted 2/9/2014 6:16:55 AM
Are you sure all this is true? Because I...

-oo
^
Smell a rat!

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHGUITARRIFF!!!!!
#9RepinkradPosted 2/9/2014 6:27:12 AM
Only as long as it has four humanoid demon turtles as it's bodyguard.
#10simonbelmont2Posted 2/9/2014 1:02:21 PM
Ratman should be the boss:

http://www.clubdesmonstres.com/best/htm/ratman.html
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him