Anyone curious about the Petrified Something?

#1Foxhound3857Posted 2/22/2014 1:39:22 AM
The description says that it can be used on something but does not specify what, but I've heard there's a petrified statue blocking a doorway in the Forest of the Giants. Perhaps this item can unpetrify the statue and let you get through the doorway?

I'll have to test this on my first game because I'm very curious about it now, and I'd love to know what's behind that door, hopefully something you're not meant to collect early on.
---
My Guitar Hero 3 Wii FC: 4038-8152-2179
#2Mr_MassacrePosted 2/22/2014 2:48:05 AM
Exactly what I thought... Benhart of Jugo's equipment here I come.

I assume unblocking that door, will be the equivalent of master key?
If not Its a standard item or its the pendent again.
---
throwitup4mk: "Will Mega Mon be in this?"
xeraton:"Unfortunately Jamaican Megaman was too busy getting high"
#3Suhn-Sol-JashinPosted 2/22/2014 6:34:29 AM
I'm taking it as a gift on my sorcerer, but the dual swordsman will be acquiring the lifegem bundle.
---
PSN ID: Suhn-Sol-Jashin
I am a turtle knight. Fear me.
#4Dead-DragonPosted 2/24/2014 4:43:49 PM(edited)
It's tempting as it's the only "unknown" item. But I don't think they would lock off a part of the game completely if you don't choose the gift so...no big deal I guess. Tree seed seems more valuable if I've been informed correctly that it's not a consumable and has a permanent effect on invaders. Or the 20 life gems if you have no heals.
#5Prophi1120Posted 2/24/2014 4:49:06 PM
Suhn-Sol-Jashin posted...
I'm taking it as a gift on my sorcerer, but the dual swordsman will be acquiring the lifegem bundle.

Pretty much this for me as well.
---
PSN: SuperCj92
#6thatmomo51Posted 2/24/2014 5:00:55 PM
assuming it doesn't work on the tree, which I don't think it will because that seems a little obvious to come from FROMsoft, could it be a double troll? people earlier thought it was the pendant 2.0, so they actually give it a very obscure purpose hidden in mid-game so we self-confirm it as having no use? thoughts on this? am I overthinking it? (which I think is a common problem in the souls series XD
#7Prophi1120Posted 2/24/2014 5:04:18 PM
I don't think they would troll twice but ya never know. Lol
---
PSN: SuperCj92