Has Dark Souls ruined gaming for you?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. Has Dark Souls ruined gaming for you?
2 years ago#1
By gaming I mean being able to enjoy other games?

Before 2009 I could play all kinds of different games and find enjoyment.

Since my first experience with the Undead Asylum I have a real hard time enjoying pretty much any game.

This isnt a complaint... just more of a testiment of how quality this game series is.

I am looking so forward to uncovering the vast amount of secrets in DSII with you all.

Anyone else in this boat?
2 years ago#2
Dark Souls is good, but it certainly isn't THAT good. Not for me, at least. I do often find myself yearning for the fast roll in other games, though.
---
I look, I see edge, another edge, another edge. Everywhere. Size and fullness don't make up for cubic breasts. ~ EdwardDarkstar
2 years ago#3
No, though my standards of game's difficulty has gone up.
---
PS3 - Matface. Wii U - SnoringSnorlax. X360 - xTourniqueTx.
2 years ago#4
I was tired of the same old same old before Souls.
2 years ago#5
I play all types of games (strategy, fighting, simulators, Act/Adv, etc). The only genre the souls series might have "ruined" for me is the action rpg one, but it seems devs are starting to get inspired by this series so I can honestly say that DeS/DaS didn't ruin gaming for me, it just enriched it.
2 years ago#6
Quit acting like Dark Souls is some 10/10 flawless masterpiece, Demon's Souls is way superior and even still it isn't the game of all time.
2 years ago#7
Dark Souls hasn't ruined gaming for me but other games have.

Sadly - the large majority of games out there nowadays are just bad.
---
PSN:PhadedWun || Dark Arisen: Jade - Level 200 Sorc
Lurking in the Shadows..
2 years ago#8
Repinkrad posted...
Quit acting like Dark Souls is some 10/10 flawless masterpiece, Demon's Souls is way superior and even still it isn't the game of all time.

Yeah, the TC needs to stop acting like he really loves that game. It only serves to really piss some people off.
---
"Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook."
2 years ago#9
Yes, it certainly has. I almost never play games nowadays. Before Des I played lots of games all the time, now I'm hardly a gamer anymore. After Des and Dks I have a hard time enjoying games at all.
Now the only game I want is Dks 2.

True story.
---
Still squirming around in your pitiful existence I see
2 years ago#10
Yep. The Souls games have become my favorite and set my expectations way higher for games. It's hard for me to play anything else anymore. There's just so much depth to it. Couldn't even tell you have many times/how many hours I've played through. But hey, I'm not complaining. Saves me a lot of money. ;D
---
Yes
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. Has Dark Souls ruined gaming for you?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived