Any information regarding the blacksmith in Majula?

#1Foxhound3857Posted 2/27/2014 2:57:17 PM
Primarily, does anyone know if he sells Titanite shards for upgrading? I'm hoping I can get some basic upgrades before I even leave Majula for the first time, if there's enough souls lying around.
---
My Guitar Hero 3 Wii FC: 4038-8152-2179
#2SteamyPunkPosted 2/27/2014 3:01:30 PM
His workshop is locked at the beginning of the game. You need to find his key before he'll hook you up. That's all we know so far.
#3Foxhound3857(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2014 3:02:16 PM
Well then, now comes the hope that his key is in the first area and easy to locate.
---
#4GrowshroomPosted 2/27/2014 3:14:06 PM
In a nod to Dark Souls 1, you can buy his key from a vendor in the first area. The merchant, Melentia, is located near an indoor bonfire in the Forest of Fallen Giants.
---
+50 HP
Shoot the mask to hear more
#5Foxhound3857(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2014 3:16:12 PM
Growshroom posted...
In a nod to Dark Souls 1, you can buy his key from a vendor in the first area. The merchant, Melentia, is located near an indoor bonfire in the Forest of Fallen Giants.

How do you know this?
---
#6BaconPancakesPosted 2/27/2014 3:18:08 PM
Foxhound3857 posted...
Growshroom posted...

How do you know this?

This told him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Uz1icjwrM
---
PS3 - Matface. Wii U - SnoringSnorlax. X360 - xTourniqueTx.
#7Foxhound3857(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2014 3:27:20 PM
Growshroom posted...

Well, in any case, if that turns out to be true, I'll be going back to Majula immediately upon buying the key and not going back into the forest until all my equipment is upgraded as much as possible. I'm guessing he only sells basic shards, so probably +5 weapon/shield and +3 armor.
---
#8agentpheonixPosted 2/27/2014 3:38:10 PM(edited)
Foxhound3857 posted...
Growshroom posted...

Well, in any case, if that turns out to be true, I'll be going back to Majula immediately upon buying the key and not going back into the forest until all my equipment is upgraded as much as possible. I'm guessing he only sells basic shards, so probably +5 weapon/shield and +3 armor.

If the information we've received lately is accurate, there are no longer "basic" shards. Just shards. There appears to only be one type of titanite now.

That being said, I find it unlikely that any merchants sell these shards ad infinitum. Would make upgrading a bit too easy.
---
GT: Red Undead Now Playing: Dark Souls (Dickwraith), Bravely Default
http://m-102.minus.com/ipPaN0GZBXpqY.gif
#9Foxhound3857(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2014 3:55:15 PM
agentpheonix posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...
Growshroom posted...

If the information we've received lately is accurate, there are no longer "basic" shards. Just shards. There appears to only be one type of titanite now.

That being said, I find it unlikely that any merchants sell these shards ad infinitum. Would make upgrading a bit too easy.

I doubt that all forms of upgrading will be done with just "shards." I'm sure there are chunks and slabs too, otherwise getting to +15 on a weapon early on would be too easy and spreading out your upgrades too thin would leave you too gimped later. There has to be enough upgrade material early on to be able to upgrade weapons AND several armors without being short later.
---
#10agentpheonixPosted 2/27/2014 4:05:58 PM
Foxhound3857 posted...
I doubt that all forms of upgrading will be done with just "shards." I'm sure there are chunks and slabs too, otherwise getting to +15 on a weapon early on would be too easy and spreading out your upgrades too thin would leave you too gimped later. There has to be enough upgrade material early on to be able to upgrade weapons AND several armors without being short later.

Doubt all you want, it's been known for a minute now that slabs and stuff are gone.
---
GT: Red Undead Now Playing: Dark Souls (Dickwraith), Bravely Default
http://m-102.minus.com/ipPaN0GZBXpqY.gif