Dark Souls II Region Lock?!

#1Ariamis-Posted 3/6/2014 9:14:44 AM
Hey guys, as you may know today DSII pre-purchase is available in steam store, I was about to buy it but I notice this:

News: purchases in Peru can only be played in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Bahamas, Belize, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Paraguay, Suriname, El Salvador, Uruguay and Venezuela.

What does this means? I'll be able to play only with people in my region like Demons Souls? or It's a region lock only for purchases like dark souls and I'll be able to play with people from different continents?

Praise the Sun! \[T]/
#2Vaz126Posted 3/6/2014 9:19:18 AM
Sounds like a region lock.
---
3DS Friend Code: 1693-1254-0904
PSN: AnonymousXIII
#3gEiStToGPosted 3/6/2014 9:20:18 AM
Vaz126 posted...
Sounds like a region lock.

^
---
\[T]/ Praise the F out of that Sun! PS3 ID/Xbone ID: gEiStToG
.(#)
#4ManuKesnaPosted 3/6/2014 9:23:50 AM
Peruuu
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna NID: Manu-Kesna
3DS FC: 4468 - 2328 - 5925 Trainer: Manu
#5Ariamis-(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2014 9:51:15 AM
damn! you guys are helpful (sarcasm) I need to know this! I want to fight the entire world and not only south america :(
#6ManuKesnaPosted 3/6/2014 9:54:34 AM
Ariamis- posted...
damn! you guys are helpful (sarcasm) I need to know this! I want to fight the entire world and not only south america :(

I really dont know sorry =/

I hope there is no region lock for the PS3 since that is what I am getting and I am from Peru too lol
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna NID: Manu-Kesna
3DS FC: 4468 - 2328 - 5925 Trainer: Manu
#7Ariamis-(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2014 10:15:00 AM
ManuKesna posted...
Ariamis- posted...

I really dont know sorry =/

I hope there is no region lock for the PS3 since that is what I am getting and I am from Peru too lol

That's cool , I'll get it both PS3 and PC lol.

My PSN is Gzal-O, add me man and never go hollow ;)
#8R_JackalPosted 3/6/2014 10:25:47 AM
It sounds like the game will only be playable in those areas if you buy them there, but I'd wager online would be world-wide considering they'd have to set up region-separating servers for PC alone when the other two don't. Probably a CD-key restriction/Steam Key restriction. Gotta wait and see, or ask on the Steam Forum/Steam Support.
---
PSN: HunterSunbro. Dragons Dogma DA Pawn Leila. Level 60+ Ranger. Uses Poison/Sleeper/Blast arrows on BBI at times.
#9Ariamis-(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2014 10:30:33 AM
R_Jackal posted...
It sounds like the game will only be playable in those areas if you buy them there, but I'd wager online would be world-wide considering they'd have to set up region-separating servers for PC alone when the other two don't. Probably a CD-key restriction/Steam Key restriction. Gotta wait and see, or ask on the Steam Forum/Steam Support.

that's exactly what I'm thinking, thanks for answering man \[T]/
#10TheLucidChibaPosted 3/6/2014 10:41:44 AM
Ariamis- posted...

Yeah! I love intense lag too!
---
"Claiming he was aimless, but knowing he was lying.
Searching for salvation, but not exactly trying" GT - LucidChiba