Stuck in mid/late game (MAJOR SPOILERS!!!)

#1mimicmasteraxPosted 3/8/2014 1:22:00 PM
Any help on the following would be greatly appreciated :D

- finished 3/4 primal bonfires, and looking for path towards Brightstone Cove; anyone?

- heard about people finding a Brightstone key... hints?

- found 2 doors with fancy decorations that say "produce the Symbol of the King", one in Forest of Fallen Giants, and another in Shaded Woods. I already beat Old Iron King, and the doors still won't open. I presume that it's either post-ending content, or... anyone?

- left path of Ruined Fork Road leads to Land of Winters, but upon finding a building with a large door it says "Seek Larger Souls"

- what's the deal with the Cathedral of Blue? How do I become non-"trasient"?

- Undead Purgatory seems awefully short... Beaten entrance boss, found bonfire, and can't seem to find anything else to do

- the Shaded Ruins area in Shaded woods doesn't seem to lead to anywhere, and doesn't have anything notable except for the lobster guy... strange...
#2Suhn-Sol-JashinPosted 3/8/2014 1:22:56 PM
Mid/late game? You're not even half way.
---
PSN ID: Suhn-Sol-Jashin
I am a turtle knight. Fear me.
#3RenRen245Posted 3/8/2014 1:24:27 PM
There's a path inbetwin the 2 building on the right side of the shade woods that leads to a boss fight, just to the right of where the giant basilisk was.
---
''A baby isen't like a golem, i can't make it all by myself !'' - Elena
#4mimicmasterax(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 8:19:20 PM
Just finished game :D Let me answer my own questions, in game chronological order, for those interested:

- the Shaded Ruins area in Shaded woods doesn't seem to lead to anywhere, and doesn't have anything notable except for the lobster guy... strange...

- finished 3/4 primal bonfires, and looking for path towards Brightstone Cove; anyone?

- heard about people finding a Brightstone key... hints?

Thanks to RenRen245's very helpful hint. Path to Brightstone Cove is indeed through the Shaded Ruins area

- left path of Ruined Fork Road leads to Land of Winters, but upon finding a building with a large door it says "Seek Larger Souls"

It's meant for after beating the bosses associated with the 4 primal bonfires.

- found 2 doors with fancy decorations that say "produce the Symbol of the King", one in Forest of Fallen Giants, and another in Shaded Woods. I already beat Old Iron King, and the doors still won't open. I presume that it's either post-ending content, or... anyone?

The King is referring to Vendrick. Doors lead to end-of-game areas.
#5KairiPosted 3/8/2014 8:24:34 PM
mimicmasterax posted...

- what's the deal with the Cathedral of Blue? How do I become non-"trasient"?

There is one more Symbol of the King door in the Castle. It's near the first bonfire waypoint. You'll need to put on the ring in order for the doors to open.

Did you find out what the deal is the with the "transient" blue guy? He still says the same thing.

Lobster guy I killed. I summoned him from the grave that now stands where I killed him, and he still has a '?'. Not sure what his purpose is. Also, there is another NPC in the Ruins, some female bat creature I think. I killed her on accident. She says to meet her at her house, but I have no clue where that is. Figured it out?

Also, I'm near the end game. The game tells me to go East. Where do I need to go?
#6mimicmasterax(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 8:45:25 PM
Kairi posted...
Did you find out what the deal is the with the "transient" blue guy? He still says the same thing.

I went to see him after beating the game. He still called me "transient", but said that I had some proof, and let me join the Blue Sentinels covenant.

Lobster guy I killed. I summoned him from the grave that now stands where I killed him, and he still has a '?'. Not sure what his purpose is. Also, there is another NPC in the Ruins, some female bat creature I think. I killed her on accident. She says to meet her at her house, but I have no clue where that is. Figured it out?

Still didn't figure out what's up with Lobster dude. My guess is that we'll need some item to talk to him, just like talking to Queelag's sister in DkS 1...

I saved that thin female bat creature. No idea where her house is... In that cave, near the exit hole, there's a high ledge with what seemed to be an old man on wheelchairs. Can't figure out how to get there.

Also, I'm near the end game. The game tells me to go East. Where do I need to go?

I replied to your post :D
#7KairiPosted 3/8/2014 8:58:12 PM
mimicmasterax posted...
Kairi posted...

I went to see him after beating the game. He still called me "transient", but said that I had some proof, and let me join the Blue Sentinels covenant.

Still didn't figure out what's up with Lobster dude. My guess is that we'll need some item to talk to him, just like talking to Queelag's sister in DkS 1...

I saved that thin female bat creature. No idea where her house is... In that cave, near the exit hole, there's a high ledge with what seemed to be an old man on wheelchairs. Can't figure out how to get there.

I replied to your post :D

You can get there by dropping in there from above. It's in a very grassy area, so it's hard to find. I got it by accident. You talk to the old guy, and he says some things, and then disappears. You find him once more later on, but I forget exactly where. But it has the same circular area with the columns encircling it. I think we need to find him once more.

Thanks for your reply. I went to Dragon Aerie and the girl there gave me an Aged Feather. It allows unlimited uses of returning to a bonfire, so I thought it was my cue to use it then and there, since there didnt seem to be any other way forward.

I originally thought I had to go back to the Last Giant lair... because there is still that giant bat enstoned. You can interact with it but it will say, "alas, nothing happened", like a few of those tree statues in the Forest.
#8mimicmasterax(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 9:16:59 PM
I might as well re-post my sketch in my own thread...

Here's a quick sketch of Dark Souls 2 walkthrough. MAJOR SPOILERS follows; you've been warned!

1. reach Majula
2. four primal bonfires:
2.1 Forest of Fallen Giants -> The Lost Bastille -> Sinner's Rise
2.2 Huntsman's Copse -> Harvest Valley -> Earthen Peak -> Iron Keep
2.3 Shaded Woods -> Doors of Pharros -> Brightstone Cove Tseldora
2.4 Grave of Saints -> The Gutter -> Black Gulch
3. kill the king: Shaded Woods -> Drangleic Castle -> Shrine of Amana -> Undead Crypt
4. open the 3 king's doors:
4.1 defeat (optional?) bosses in Drangleic Castle
4.2 head "East": Shaded Woods -> Aldia's Keep -> Dragon Aerie -> Dragon Shrine
4.3 delve into memories... in Forest of Fallen Giants
5. Fight final boss, beneath Drangleic Castle

I know that I missed some of the optional bosses (a few of DkS 1 cameos). On well...
#9KairiPosted 3/8/2014 9:53:06 PM
mimicmasterax posted...

I know that I missed some of the optional bosses (a few of DkS 1 cameos). On well...

there are only two memories in the Forest of the Fallen Giants, right? One is behind a Symbol of King door. And the other is nearby Pate, or his gravestone. There is one more withered tree, but it already is at peace.

Also, the bat I mentioned is the one at the bottom of Brightstone Cove. There is also a memory there, but I nothing to fight, just a dead dragon soul to pick up.
#10WiiareVenomPosted 3/8/2014 9:58:06 PM
mimicmasterax posted...

Here's a quick sketch of Dark Souls 2 walkthrough. MAJOR SPOILERS follows; you've been warned!

1. reach Majula
2. four primal bonfires:
2.1 Forest of Fallen Giants -> The Lost Bastille -> Sinner's Rise
2.2 Huntsman's Copse -> Harvest Valley -> Earthen Peak -> Iron Keep
2.3 Shaded Woods -> Doors of Pharros -> Brightstone Cove Tseldora
2.4 Grave of Saints -> The Gutter -> Black Gulch
3. kill the king: Shaded Woods -> Drangleic Castle -> Shrine of Amana -> Undead Crypt
4. open the 3 king's doors:
4.1 defeat (optional?) bosses in Drangleic Castle

Would you kindly please pm me the name of the final boss, and what it is supposed to be (I have seen it on a vid, so its not a total surprise)?
---
"Chamberlains, let the banquet begin!"- Zobek. "How straaaaaange..." - Monokuma. Official leader of the Order of the Jar of Dirt.