Tips on smelter demon? (spoiler)

#1brianjchoPosted 3/8/2014 10:53:31 PM
He is the mid boss on the iron forge - can anyone give me any tips on beating this guy? i'm a melee quality build so this is near impossible without getting close and torched. I'm wearing some heavy fire resistance gear too but he keeps on one or two shotting me.
#2DrazilusPosted 3/8/2014 11:21:38 PM
Try using a halberd or spear, so you can attack while blocking. Also, you don't need to defeat him to get to the Old Iron King (final boss in the area to primordial bonfire) from the bridge, jump near a metal door, go around, fall, enter on another door and proceed, the king is insanelly strong but you can easily avoid his attacks, good luck.
#3brianjcho(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 2:36:28 PM
Drazilus posted...
Try using a halberd or spear, so you can attack while blocking. Also, you don't need to defeat him to get to the Old Iron King (final boss in the area to primordial bonfire) from the bridge, jump near a metal door, go around, fall, enter on another door and proceed, the king is insanelly strong but you can easily avoid his attacks, good luck.

thanks surprisingly, he was the toughest boss i've fought as a knight melee str build in the game so far.

how i beat him - there is a shield that negates 100% of fire damage. i forgot the name of the warriors (gywn maybe)? but they can be farmed in door of pharros area (or on the way to brightstone cove). makes this battle so much easier when you can block the fire slashes without absorbing any damage.
#4Caolan_2k9Posted 3/11/2014 2:38:36 PM
There's a spoiler warning after the spoiler...
---
I play Pokemon, a lot.
#5JusticeSwordPosted 3/11/2014 2:40:52 PM
Wow somebody needs to learn what a spoiler actually is, couldnt of just named the topic "I need help with a boss" No?
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please