Can someone with the guide confirm how many bosses there are? SPOILERS

#21WiiareVenomPosted 3/9/2014 2:45:17 PM
JohannKraus posted...
WiiareVenom posted...
JohannKraus posted...
TriangleMasher posted...
The boss in the "hidden area" mentioned in the guide is the Darklurker, and hidden area mentioned is the Old Chasm of the Abyss.

The Darklurker is an optional boss that can be accessed by joing the Abyssal Covenant, and completing all its Chasm of the Abyss challenge rooms. He can also be fought during NG, you don't need to go into NG+ to reach him.

There is no true ending, it's just a rumor made by some users that were dissatisfied by Dark Souls 2's poor ending so they took a quote out of context (as much as I wanted it to be true).

What's the ending?
(Now that I inow it's bad I'll only look it up anyway so you may as well spoil it)

After walking on a bunch of giants like a bridge, You go inside a weird door and set on a stone throne.

So like no explanation or anything?

There is a voiceover from the narrator, but all I remember was it telling you that The cycle of Linking the Fire must continue, and to sit on your throne

I only watched a video of it, so I don't recall everything that was said.
---
"Chamberlains, let the banquet begin!"- Zobek. "How straaaaaange..." - Monokuma. Official leader of the Order of the Jar of Dirt.
#22SeriyahPosted 3/9/2014 2:52:01 PM
TriangleMasher posted...
The boss in the "hidden area" mentioned in the guide is the Darklurker, and hidden area mentioned is the Old Chasm of the Abyss.

The Darklurker is an optional boss that can be accessed by joing the Abyssal Covenant, and completing all its Chasm of the Abyss challenge rooms. He can also be fought during NG, you don't need to go into NG+ to reach him.

There is no true ending, it's just a rumor made by some users that were dissatisfied by Dark Souls 2's poor ending so they took a quote out of context (as much as I wanted it to be true).

I don't know, you've been very skeptical since the beginning....
#23AllGodsDiePosted 3/9/2014 2:59:30 PM
The whole secret final boss thing was a rumor that stemmed from reddit. Several players who have played the game deny its truth. So until proven I'm gonna go with the assumption it is false.
---
Xboxtags-KarmaRetention/Pebble7880.
Steam-Allgodsdie
#24meteor6666Posted 3/9/2014 3:41:20 PM
AllGodsDie posted...
The whole secret final boss thing was a rumor that stemmed from reddit. Several players who have played the game deny its truth. So until proven I'm gonna go with the assumption it is false.

Veggy said that when you beat the game, you won't really be fighting the final boss. There's a true final boss that will take time to fight. Either this means NG+, NG++, or some other area. I have no clue. It's times like this that I wish I screenshotted what he said.
---
http://i.imgur.com/IeRQA6a.gif | http://i.imgur.com/ZZHoaEG.gif
#25SeriyahPosted 3/9/2014 3:44:50 PM
there is definitely a real final boss in there somewhere
#26TriangleMasherPosted 3/9/2014 3:48:49 PM(edited)
meteor6666 posted...
AllGodsDie posted...

Veggy said that when you beat the game, you won't really be fighting the final boss. There's a true final boss that will take time to fight. Either this means NG+, NG++, or some other area. I have no clue. It's times like this that I wish I screenshotted what he said.

There's very little evidence in the databin dump of all the items or the released OST that can support this claim, and there are already videos of most of the bosses in the game that have been spoiled in the datadump.

The only thing that could support this is if the True Final boss was either the Ancient Dragon (which actually is an NPC in the game on top of the Drangleic Castle, so probably not) or the Guardian Dragon, both of which I haven't seen a video for yet.

Or, I guess if it exists, the "True Final Boss" doesn't drop a lord soul or item, but that would be anticlimactic wouldn't it? Another possibility is that it is a reused Dark Souls 1 boss.

These are just assumptions. Don't be surprised if the rumor is completely debunked.
---
Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle
http://tinyurl.com/n4n6fwd
#27DXLelouch23Posted 3/9/2014 9:05:41 PM
unless the whole your character from NG is the NG+ boss is true
i doubt youd drop a main soul if killed
---
FC:3797-7838-5659
Friend Safari Fire-Ponyta,Pyroar,Braixen