True ending?

#1DahpiePosted 3/9/2014 12:34:24 PM
So I have heard that there is a true ending in Dark Souls 2, if you meet certain requirements or go into NG+.

Does anyone with a guide or some information have any knowledge on the subject? I am incredibly curious.
---
Known dark souls PVP hackers.
Bhadasspop, Chaosgod15, BOSS DeathNinja, B EV1L 1983, Indictmentt, rockazrollaz.
#2TixusPosted 3/9/2014 12:42:54 PM
I've been following this rumor. It sounds awfully fishy to me...
---
So, the hunter has become the huntress.
#3Dahpie(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 12:47:52 PM
Tixus posted...

I hope its true, dark souls 2's ending was boring and anticlimatic. Though I know I don't have much context but it didn't look interesting in the slightest.
---
Known dark souls PVP hackers.
Bhadasspop, Chaosgod15, BOSS DeathNinja, B EV1L 1983, Indictmentt, rockazrollaz.
#4JoeBuck80Posted 3/9/2014 12:51:14 PM
Sadly beginning to think that ending WAS the true one...
I mean at what point has there been a satisfying, expounded upon ending in the series?
---
*Enjoy THE Show*
youtube.com/ronandjoeshow
#5NayikoPosted 3/9/2014 12:54:37 PM(edited)
Tixus posted...

I'm doubting this too, but bosses do drop an additional soul on the NG++ kill so I think it could be up in the air at this point. At least there's a good reason to do more NG+s this time around.

And the phrasing makes it seem "different": Begin journey 2 to Drangleic.
---
PSN: Seirno / Alt PSN: Asaniel
#6TixusPosted 3/9/2014 12:57:44 PM
I'm mostly skeptical because you'd think that after knowing about it for this long, somebody would've come forth and confirmed it by now.

(I'm aware that the game's only been played for a very short period of time).
---
#7darklink67Posted 3/9/2014 12:57:51 PM
The game has been leaked for quite some time now, even with a torrent already. It seems kind of weird how if there was a true ending, why have we got no concrete info?
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls 2, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, Spyro 1-3
Last Completed: Tales of Xillia (8/10), Last Of Us (9/10)
#8DXLelouch23Posted 3/9/2014 12:59:54 PM
well its rumored to be only a NG+ boss
and from what ive heard NG+
makes NGs difficulty seem like childsplay
---
FC:3797-7838-5659
Friend Safari Fire-Ponyta,Pyroar,Braixen
#9TixusPosted 3/9/2014 1:01:37 PM
I'm also having flashbacks to the Dark Souls board around release, where people claimed there were still bosses not even the Japanese players had seen.
---
#10JPDMYPosted 3/9/2014 1:09:59 PM
I certainly hope so, having seen just the final boss fight and ending cutscene, it was certainly anticlimatic. And short, like the cutscene just felt....I dunno like it wasn't the end. Add that to the fact that NG and NG+ players can't interact, leads me to believe that you need to play the game again for a more conclusive ending. Although, knowing From, I could see them having the true ending after a NG+++++ or something like that.