Moonlight Greatsword

#1ShinjiplPosted 3/9/2014 1:35:14 PM
For those interested, From Software's favourite weapon makes a return in Dark Souls 2 (who would have thought ?). The required stats are:

18 STR
18 DEX
18 INT

It scales A with INT

It deals Magic damage and the attacks are similar to those in Dark Souls 1, with the R2s firing magic blades.
Also, note that there is a fake version called Bluemoon Greatsword.
#2BlocktopusPosted 3/9/2014 1:36:29 PM
uh what, i thought the bluemoon greatsword was this game's version of the mlgs. So you're saying there's the bmgs along with mlgs?
---
FC: 0447 6152 7456
#3Shinjipl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 1:42:17 PM
Yes.
#4bkteerPosted 3/9/2014 1:43:02 PM
Blocktopus posted...
uh what, i thought the bluemoon greatsword was this game's version of the mlgs. So you're saying there's the bmgs along with mlgs?

there are two swords. The bluemoon greatsword wielded by the blue sentinels guy, and the moonlight greatsword. They are different from each other. Both can be gotten in dark souls 2.
#5SUGARASHADPosted 3/9/2014 1:44:39 PM
this is from trading the pale drake soul right? i wounder if the blue moonlight gets better if you inherit it rather then killing the dude 4 it
---
http://www.mmafightgirls.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/rashad-evans.jpg
#6DahpiePosted 3/9/2014 1:46:07 PM
SUGARASHAD posted...
this is from trading the pale drake soul right? i wounder if the blue moonlight gets better if you inherit it rather then killing the dude 4 it

You can also get it in regular new game by using a bonfire asthetic.
---
Known dark souls PVP hackers.
Bhadasspop, Chaosgod15, BOSS DeathNinja, B EV1L 1983, Indictmentt, rockazrollaz.
#7servb0tsPosted 3/9/2014 1:47:52 PM
Shinjipl posted...
For those interested, From Software's favourite weapon makes a return in Dark Souls 2 (who would have thought ?). The required stats are:

18 STR
18 DEX
18 INT

It scales A with INT

It deals Magic damage and the attacks are similar to those in Dark Souls 1, with the R2s firing magic blades.
Also, note that there is a fake version called Bluemoon Greatsword.

King's Field Lore indeed.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems.
A Strong Fighter is not One who Wins the Fight, But One who can Stands after Defeat.
#8nskyliner34Posted 3/9/2014 1:48:21 PM
Only A scaling with INT? Also how far in the game til you get it? This was my main weapon in DS1 so I'm kinda curious lol.
---
"They laugh at me because im different...but i laugh at them because there all the same"
#9Shinjipl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 1:59:46 PM
nskyliner34 posted...
Only A scaling with INT? Also how far in the game til you get it? This was my main weapon in DS1 so I'm kinda curious lol.

The scaling could be improved if you upgrade the sword (I don't really know atm).
It's kinda complicated to get. You need to kill a certain boss, then burn an item called Bonfire Ascetic at a bonfire in the said boss area, thus reviving the boss with NG+ difficulty. After you defeat him again you repeat the process so you fight the boss yet again, this time with NG++ difficulty. Upon defeat, the boss will now drop a special soul that allows you to create this weapon at a blacksmith. If you don't want to do this, you can wait until you get to NG++ and fight that boss for the special soul.
I hope this helps.
#10nskyliner34Posted 3/9/2014 2:09:17 PM
Shinjipl posted...
nskyliner34 posted...

The scaling could be improved if you upgrade the sword (I don't really know atm).
It's kinda complicated to get. You need to kill a certain boss, then burn an item called Bonfire Ascetic at a bonfire in the said boss area, thus reviving the boss with NG+ difficulty. After you defeat him again you repeat the process so you fight the boss yet again, this time with NG++ difficulty. Upon defeat, the boss will now drop a special soul that allows you to create this weapon at a blacksmith. If you don't want to do this, you can wait until you get to NG++ and fight that boss for the special soul.
I hope this helps.

Yea thanks it does. I'm gonna have to beat "that" boss a few times lol don't even know who it is yet haha. Also what would you say is the strongest great sword so far in the game?
---
"They laugh at me because im different...but i laugh at them because there all the same"