Is Dark Souls II harder than the first Dark Souls?

#1texasgoldrushPosted 3/9/2014 9:25:09 PM
So for those who have played it.....how hard is the sequel compared to the first? Are the levels easier or harder than the first game? Are the bosses harder?

I basically mastered the first dark souls and compared with demons souls...dark souls has easier levels but harder bosses than demon's.
#2Raven_ShikumiPosted 3/9/2014 9:29:16 PM
You might have to get used to how differently it plays. They really are different games, but the strategy is still there.

NG is probably roughly the same overall if you go in blind, compared to the first game.

NG+ however, is a different beast.
#3SeriousDoggPosted 3/9/2014 9:30:34 PM
True but Flanelurker Maneaters and Allant craps on Dark Souls, what am I saying, BP Satsuki probably craps on DS2 easily
#4MmaguyPosted 3/9/2014 9:34:18 PM
Raven_Shikumi posted...
You might have to get used to how differently it plays. They really are different games, but the strategy is still there.

NG is probably roughly the same overall if you go in blind, compared to the first game.

NG+ however, is a different beast.

How are they different? Legitimate question as from what I've seen in videos, the combat looks roughly the same. I haven't done much research on it obviously, so if it is different I'd be interested in knowing how.
#5texasgoldrush(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2014 9:41:23 PM
The only boss in vanilla Dark Souls I had a death streak with my first playthrough was Capra Demon, all the other bosses I handled after the first death or two. I am still undefeated against the Four Kings.
#6texasgoldrush(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2014 1:22:35 AM
Atorias > Allant
#7D_A_KujaPosted 3/10/2014 3:50:12 AM
Why do people think Allant is hard seriously... Always this Demons souls is much harder than Dark Souls nonesense... Any Dark Souls boss where there is more than 1 opponent is 10x harder than Allant. Allant is just dodge dodge dodge, attack, repeat. If he uses Soul Steal attack its dodge dodge dodge, wait.

People forget the fact that they get better after finishing each of the games. So If Dark Souls is as hard or just slightly harder than Demons Souls, since you are a kind of "veteran" player you will feel its easier. Same for the Dark Souls -> Dark Souls 2 transition.

Try to look past the "In the past everything was better" bullcrap and you will see the truth.

If you dont believe me: After Dark Souls 2, replay Dark Souls and then replay Demons Souls (which I did replay after Dark Souls 1) And you will see how easy you will find Demons Souls.

Difficulty: Dark Souls 2 > Dark Souls > Demons Souls

You deny that? Play the games in reverse order, you wont be able to deny then.
#8jediblasterPosted 3/10/2014 3:52:57 AM
False king allant was hard till you learned his moves. Quit trying so hard.
#9BSerenityPosted 3/10/2014 3:54:47 AM
jediblaster posted...
False king allant was hard till you learned his moves. Quit trying so hard.

Said about every enemy (Boss or common) in the entire series, lol.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#10D_A_KujaPosted 3/10/2014 4:00:10 AM
Yep for a singular boss if you know the moves you can beat him barehanded in the end.

However if there is more than 1 boss at the same time knowing moveset alone wont be enough. So in the end (maybe imo, maybe fact ;) ) Difficulty = Number of enemies at the same time.