List of all Item Trades (SPOILERS)

#1ShinjiplPosted 3/11/2014 5:26:19 AM
Ok, so I mentioned this in a previous thread but I decided to create a separate topic since people might be interested.

In Things Betwixt, you find a bird's nest where you can trade items. You drop an item in the nest (one item at a time) with the Leave option (NOT Discard, since that permanently erases the item) and you can immediately get the new item (no need to quit and reload like in the previous games).

You can only offer the birds 3 items:
- Small Smooth & Silky Stone
- Smooth & Silky Stone
- Petrified Something

The rewards you get in exchange for these items are random. You may receive an item from the following list (also note that Petrified Something has the highest chance of giving you a valuable item).:

- Soul of a Lost Undead
- Soul of a Pround Knight
- Titanite Shard
- Titanite Chunk
- Twinkling Titanite
- Titanite Slab
- Petrified Dragon Bone
- Boltstone
- Magic Stone
- Firedrake Stone
- Poison Stone
- Bleed Stone
- Darknight Stone
- Raw Stone
- Faintstone
- Old Mundane Stone
- Lifegem
- Crimson Water
- Divine Blessing
- Amber Herb
- Human Effigy
- Cracked Red Eye Orb
- Cracked Blue Eye Orb
- Old Whip
- White Ring
- Demon's Great Hammer
- Channeler's Trident

Oh, and the birds are called sparkling sisters Dyna and Tillo.
#2eclipse_exePosted 3/11/2014 5:32:46 AM
Already said this in the previous topics but seeing as theres now a new one for discussion.. What are the Stones Listed in that drop pool? they sound like the Embers from DkS but i wanna be sure before i start applading From for being so devilishly evil for locking them behind a random loot pool.
---
psn: supersoniccd
3ds FC: 2036*6634-4167 X IGN: Eclipse
#3D_A_KujaPosted 3/11/2014 5:40:52 AM
I find this is a useful topic :) I want to add that you can not only offer those 3 but more (the blue item which you use to see how deep a hole is, forgot name) got me some rubbish, but some lifegems as well. Since you can get an infinite ammount of this item I am guessing you can get infinite Lifegems through this means as well.

@eclipse those are not Embers, but upgrade items for that path, however unlike in Dark Souls (game mechanics spoiler ahead): you only need to use that item once, the continuing +upgrades are by normal shards. There are still however seperate twikling and Dragon bone (Demon path in Dark Souls).
#4Shinjipl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 5:42:37 AM
eclipse_exe posted...
Already said this in the previous topics but seeing as theres now a new one for discussion.. What are the Stones Listed in that drop pool? they sound like the Embers from DkS but i wanna be sure before i start applading From for being so devilishly evil for locking them behind a random loot pool.

You give those stones to a blacksmith and unlock upgrade paths. These stones are normally bought from an NPC later in the game, but you can get them earlier from the birds (you have a very low chance of getting them this way, though).
#5GtarheadPosted 3/11/2014 6:04:13 AM(edited)
This crucial question for me cause I've planned the whole build around this. Is Darknight Stone the DARK upgrade path item? Can I upgrade the Greatsword with it?
#6ArmosisPosted 3/11/2014 5:59:42 AM
You can trade them a prism stone too. I got a homeward bone for one. I didn't try trading any more than one.
#7chokingvictim87Posted 3/11/2014 6:02:04 AM
Does giving the birds Petrifying Something always get you a white ring? And is that all the Petrifying Something is good for?
#8Shinjipl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 6:04:56 AM
Armosis posted...
You can trade them a prism stone too. I got a homeward bone for one. I didn't try trading any more than one.

Interesting, the guide doesn't mention anything about trading Prism Stones nor about recieving Homeward Bones. Looks like they omitted some pieces of information.
#9Shinjipl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 7:13:31 AM
Bump.
#10eclipse_exePosted 3/11/2014 8:16:07 AM
Hmm, interesting.. so the stones are basically Embers.. but have a one time use before you need another one? seems kinda.. pointless to me honestly.. who's going to make more than one or two weapons for an element?
---
psn: supersoniccd
3ds FC: 2036*6634-4167 X IGN: Eclipse