what is in the chest inside the room next to pate?

#1FarmerfrenPosted 3/12/2014 9:31:05 AM
the room where there were around 5 giant bowguns and you had to climb a ladder down . i saw a bunch of blooodstains and people dying when they open the chest so i destroyed the chest only to find rubbish. its the place where theres a palm reader stone face to insert a key called pharros . what was in the chest? was it an important item. it didnt seem like a mimic after all
---
Farmerfren : Friend Code 3DS : 2320-6141-6641
Seven minutes. Seven minutes is all i can spare to play with you.
#2aaazeusPosted 3/12/2014 9:32:30 AM
Its a trapped chest, but I dont remember whats in it, but the real prize is revealed if you insert the Pharros in the wall.
---
Hail to btmudd28, I will always remember thee.
GT- raisosite
#3kennydangPosted 3/12/2014 9:32:33 AM
i just opened it a few minutes ago.

There stuff inside but there a crossbow that shoots like 3 times in 5 directions.

killed me n i lost 2000 souls q.q
#4weefredPosted 3/12/2014 9:34:10 AM
There's one door which need the pharos keystone. It contain a ring that boost stamina recovery rate. Very useful.
---
Great!! now we have to pay additonal money for DLC of a game that isn't even out yet? that's nice!
#5weefredPosted 3/12/2014 9:35:38 AM
There's 2 treasure in the secret room. One is a slab iirc. The other is the ring. You're screwed if you destroyed them.
---
Great!! now we have to pay additonal money for DLC of a game that isn't even out yet? that's nice!
#6weefredPosted 3/12/2014 9:37:34 AM
Oh crap. I misread. The chest that shoot arrow when opened is not important. It contain a titanite. Not slab.
---
#7C1oudStrifeJRLPosted 3/12/2014 9:45:35 AM(edited)
You can open the chests and immediately block to prevent dying from the crossbow.

I put a message in front of one saying, "Trap ahead therefore try blocking"

I'm not sure if you can break chests and get what is inside. I broke one before and the item was 'Garbage'(Or Rubbish? I don't remember atm, been playing MH and I think that's Garbage) so I didn't want to risk breaking another one.