Good Faith Based Weapons? *Spoilers*

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. Good Faith Based Weapons? *Spoilers*
1 year ago#11
from the topic, http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/693331-dark-souls-ii/68772730 :

OhGood posted...
So I went out and bought the guide and started looking through the weapons and found something rather interesting for STR/FTH builds

The Thorned Greatsword scales with lightning damage just like the Heide Knight Sword
it requires 20 STR, 15 DEX, and 14 FTH

It has a C scaling in Strength, DEX, and Lightning.

Acquired from weaponsmith Ornifex (soul trade)

Also, it's strong attack launches a spear of energy in front of you, like a lighting spear

I'm totally going to try to make a build focused around that greatsword

OhGood posted...
Wait! I have more!

I changed my mind, I want to aim for the Defenders Greatsword

C scaling in STR, D in DEX, C in lightning

Requires 20 STR, 12 DEX, and 15 fth

When you press L2 while 2-handing the Defenders Greatsword you don't parry, instead you coat the sword with electrical energy.

So let me break this down

A greatsword that scales off STR, DEX, and Lightning that gains an additional lighting bonus when you press L2 while 2-handing. That is some serious lighting damage when paired with the bonus you get from faith.

Yeah, Defenders Greatsword here I come

PSA: you can now buff enchanted weapons with weapon enchants, e.g., you can use sunlight blade on a lightning weapon to get the extra flat AND percentage damage.
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
FC: 0404-5961-8354
1 year ago#12
I was glad to find out the stats of the Defenders Greatsword matches up perfectly for Claymore/Bastard Sword Faith builds. As a pure faith, min/max, the most difficult thing is trying to keep str/dex at an absolute minimum while still trying to find a weapon that might scale decently.
---
PSN: Grimm-808
1 year ago#13
yeah, i'm definitely gonna try and get those. its either gonna be one of those, a lightning lucerne, lightning sun sword or lightning claymore as my "main" weapon. i wanna replace this fire longsword, finally. its served me well, but still.
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
1 year ago#14
Yeah, im pretty set on getting the Defenders Greatsword then respecing to make the most out of it. Just looking at it on paper it seems like a monster. I'm pretty excited to get my hands on it
---
Everything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
1 year ago#15
Lucerne? Hmmm... Were is the Lucerne? I think I might test the waters with it.
---
1 year ago#16
Sickgenocide posted...
Lucerne? Hmmm... Were is the Lucerne? I think I might test the waters with it.

its buyable from an NPC in drangleic castle, apparently.

what i really wanna know is if the mace of the insolent can be imbued with lightning/dark. people are reporting items like the heide's knight sword can be upgraded to lightning/dark, etc. and it uses normal titanite, so, why not the mace of the insolent?

i'm also trying to figure out where the archdrake mace is.
---
1 year ago#17
I'm about to find out tonight. I'm getting closer to the apparent location of the Insolent Mace. I'm also curious about the ArchDrake Mace, and if it will be any good.
---
1 year ago#18
Sickgenocide posted...
I'm about to find out tonight. I'm getting closer to the apparent location of the Insolent Mace. I'm also curious about the ArchDrake Mace, and if it will be any good.

it looks just like the lucerne, but, having two identical items seems silly. i'm guessing it'll be a one-hand version.

but, does anyone know how hard NG+ scorpion najka is? i want that attunement ring, but, i don't wanna wait. i'm SL83; might be a little low, but, w/e. i could wait 'til the last moment to kill her as well.

that plus 30 ATN gets me 9 slots. i could actually use sacred oath and still have 5 slots left over.

edit: http://darksouls2.wikidot.com/archdrake-mace

its listed as a great hammer here.
---
(edited 0 seconds ago)
1 year ago#19
Archdrake Mace

requires 20 STR, 16 DEX

Has a C scaling in STR and a D in DEX

110 damage

Doesn't seem that impressive to me
---
Everything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
1 year ago#20
OhGood posted...
Archdrake Mace

requires 20 STR, 16 DEX

Has a C scaling in STR and a D in DEX

110 damage

Doesn't seem that impressive to me

is it a great mace as per the wiki? if that's one handed, that'd be pretty decent.
---
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. Good Faith Based Weapons? *Spoilers*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived