Fragrant Branch of Yore?

#11ottologist(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 9:43:16 PM
Thanks for the help, is the crab dude very shortly after The Lost Sinner? I want to know whether it's a good idea or not to use the item on the petrified woman or Straid first.
#12DiscoDisco1Posted 3/12/2014 9:51:25 PM
use it on the woman also kill the crab dude. he gave an amazing ring ;)
#13ottologist(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 9:55:01 PM
Is the ring useful to tanking sort of characters? i'm currently using the binding ring, the stamina recovery one, the life ring, and the Ring Of Blades
#14mahgah91Posted 3/12/2014 9:56:58 PM
DiscoDisco1 posted...
use it on the woman also kill the crab dude. he gave an amazing ring ;)

lol, at least do his quest first. He gives you a Branch, that's a great reward.

He's in the Shaded Ruins, which is in the area after de-petrifying Rosabeth. Probably a couple hours max after Lost Sinner. You need a Ring of Whispers, which you can buy from the cat, to talk to him. He'll give you a quest to kill the boss of the area (who you have to fight anyway) and then he'll give you a branch.

Then kill him if you want but he's a nice guy.
---
3DS FC: 1822-0233-2390
#15DiscoDisco1Posted 3/12/2014 9:58:35 PM
that ring is the best ring i have. it i believe increases stamina recovery, hp and something else. a complete ring ;) dragon something is what its called. also if u have balls and fight the invisible guys in the fog i found a +1 clo something ring which increases stamina recovery. hands down the best 2 rings in my arsenal. good luck bud
#16ottologist(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 10:00:02 PM
Well, in that case, do any of you know if the Pursuer's Greatsword (or any of the Ultra Greatswords) has a wide 2-handed swing? I've been looking for something like that, and it might change my priorities if it does in fact swing wide with 2 hands. I just find the normal greatsword irritating in a way because the current lock-on system swings in the direction you're moving instead of the direction the enemy is in, so since I'm somebody who does a lot of sidestepping and it's a vertical slash, I end up missing a lot of attacks in heated fights.
#17mahgah91Posted 3/12/2014 10:03:05 PM(edited)
DiscoDisco1 posted...
that ring is the best ring i have. it i believe increases stamina recovery, hp and something else. a complete ring ;) dragon something is what its called. also if u have balls and fight the invisible guys in the fog i found a +1 clo something ring which increases stamina recovery. hands down the best 2 rings in my arsenal. good luck bud

Wow, really? I'm gonna have to go kill him.

ottologist posted...
Well, in that case, do any of you know if the Pursuer's Greatsword (or any of the Ultra Greatswords) has a wide 2-handed swing? I've been looking for something like that, and it might change my priorities if it does in fact swing wide with 2 hands. I just find the normal greatsword irritating in a way because the current lock-on system swings in the direction you're moving instead of the direction the enemy is in, so since I'm somebody who does a lot of sidestepping and it's a vertical slash, I end up missing a lot of attacks in heated fights.

The Pursuer's Ultra Greatsword is actually what I'm using now. R2 will do a wide horizontal swing and R1 does a vertical swing. After two upgrades, this sword is demolishing everything.

EDIT: It's a little underwhelming at first though (158 base damage, da f***). But each upgrade gives it +50 damage and a letter grade in stat scaling (it starts B/C in STR/DEX I think).
---
#18ottologist(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 10:04:19 PM
Upgrades? Can you give me good locations for that Dragon Bone Dust or whatever it is?
#19mahgah91Posted 3/12/2014 10:11:45 PM
ottologist posted...
Upgrades? Can you give me good locations for that Dragon Bone Dust or whatever it is?

Petrified Dragon Bone? Sorry, I don't really recall any specific locations. After your first great soul, you pick them up here and there, just try not to miss any chests (I think I got all of mine from chests).

I also don't know how many of them there are in the game, so you might want to hold off until you can get a better greatsword boss weapon.
---
#20ottologist(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 10:13:41 PM
Also sorry for Doublepost, but I can't find any edit button right now. Couple of questions, I see a lot of sunlight signs down, is there a place to join the Sunlight Covenant and does it require high faith?

Also, does that mean 2 upgrades gives it S-scaling, and, is it like demon's souls where 30 (my strength stat) strength gives you double damage on an S-rank weapon?

Do you think the sword is better weilded with a high roll speed/distance (mine currently isn't giving the slowrolling animation, but is also very low on distance) and lots of dodging or a nice fat hardy shield to protect yourself with.

And finally, I've been farming the Ruin Sentinnels for souls, and right now I'm feeling like nobody is summoning me at all, is this because of the soul level increases I have done or because I'm using the White Sign Soapstone instead of the small one?