Fragrant Branch of Yore?

#21ottologist(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 10:14:47 PM
The only one that seems significantly better to me is the ultra greatsword forged from Vendrick's soul but I'm assuming that's for NG+
#22mahgah91Posted 3/12/2014 10:21:37 PM
ottologist posted...
The only one that seems significantly better to me is the ultra greatsword forged from Vendrick's soul but I'm assuming that's for NG+

Ah true, I think most of the better ones are NG+ or NG++. After two upgrades, it's an A/B rating I think.

I don't think scaling in this game is as good. My Pursuer's Greatsword is +2 with an A STR rating, so with 259 damage it gives ~120 bonus damage with 38 STR. I'd be surprised if an S rating was that much more than the A rating.

I'd have to boot up my game to test the sword with different styles, but I can't do that right now. I use with with heavy armor and a greatshield and a STR build. It's working great because I can block anything and follow up with a big sweep. If I'm low on stamina, I'll just get it right back up while the enemy recovers.

For boss fights, I've only used this combo on the Royal Rat Authority which worked amazingly. It went from being one of the hardest boss fights in the game (when I was using a greatsword just 2H) to the easiest I've done so far.

ottologist posted...
Also sorry for Doublepost, but I can't find any edit button right now. Couple of questions, I see a lot of sunlight signs down, is there a place to join the Sunlight Covenant and does it require high faith?

There is no Sunlight Covenant in this game as far as I know.

As far as why no one's summoning you, I couldn't tell you. I think the servers are still a bit buggy right now, I get disconnected from about half the summons I get.
---
3DS FC: 1822-0233-2390
#23ottologist(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 10:25:06 PM
There is a sunlight covenant called the Heirs of Sunlight, I've seen the gold signs as well as it being listed as one of the covenants in the strategy guide. It only seems to say you can join by visiting the sunlight altar though, unfortunately.
#24DiscoDisco1Posted 3/12/2014 10:34:46 PM
lmao mahgah91 i didnt know he could be talked to with the whispers ring i was like stop giving me questions marks i will show u and he showed me an amazing ring lol great info friend. and otto sunlight covenant is in the poinson area. after u kill the two giants in the hole and the fat one then there is a path on the left hand part (its small u follow through kill another fat one and walla sunlight covenant ;)
#25mahgah91Posted 3/12/2014 10:36:46 PM
ottologist posted...
There is a sunlight covenant called the Heirs of Sunlight, I've seen the gold signs as well as it being listed as one of the covenants in the strategy guide. It only seems to say you can join by visiting the sunlight altar though, unfortunately.

Oh wow, I haven't seen info listed for them anywhere (GFAQs, the wiki, reddit, etc.) so I guess no one's really gotten into it yet. That makes me pretty happy.
---
3DS FC: 1822-0233-2390
#26ottologist(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 11:40:05 PM
So, do I have to venture into this fog? It seems like other areas are blocked.