Dragonslayer Spear sucks?

#1BestJinxNAPosted 3/13/2014 1:35:40 AM
I'm looking at these stats right now.. am I missing something? The Heide spear is better than this...
#2arcnovaPosted 3/13/2014 1:36:37 AM
yes, youre missing the fact that it extends all the way into tomorrow and back again
---
soul silver code
2021 3448 6610
#3OmegaShinkaiPosted 3/13/2014 1:37:08 AM
So in other words it's just like the previous game, no surprise there
#4Masemune_100Posted 3/13/2014 1:47:33 AM
Does it still scale with Faith? That was kinda one of it's things too.
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
FC - 3625-9245-4999
#5Masamune1117Posted 3/14/2014 7:11:27 AM
I have DSS+3 right now. It seems weaker. I actually wish they didn't make the Strong attack for both 1-hand and 2-hand a lightning shot. I wish they brought back the old 2-hand Strong attack but just made it faster. The old 2-hand Strong attack was just a normal heavy thrust but of you followed up with a second Strong after the first, your character would grab the one of the cross bars of the spear then charge forward while lunge diagonally upward and gouge humanoid monsters(and other players) knocking them away like a rag doll like 20 feet away. I was immensely satisfying when I landed this in pvp.

The damage scaling on DSS improves alot, i only have it at +3 but even at that it has STR-C Dex-A Faith-C, the lightning blast is pretty fast but consumes durability. What differentiates it from Heide Spear is the following: #1 DSS is the longest spear in the game next to Winged Spear. #2 It is a 10lb spear which means it's the heaviest spear which isn't a lance. This is great for staggering higher poise enemies and deteriorates more stamina upon block.

I wish when you did a backstab or riposte it electrocuted the target(although all weapons with elemental bonuses don't visually show their fire/lightning effects during special animations :(