Real final boss? (Spoilers)

#1MC_34543Posted 3/13/2014 2:17:58 AM
So, there's a rumor going around that nashandra isn't the real final boss. Anyone know who it actually is? Please explain :D. Really eager to absorb all the lore :).
#2MC_34543(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2014 2:19:46 AM
bump.
#3darklink67Posted 3/13/2014 2:19:56 AM
I believe that rumor is false, sucks but it's true.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls 2, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, Spyro 1-3
Last Completed: Tales of Xillia (8/10), Last Of Us (9/10)
#4MC_34543(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2014 2:24:30 AM
:(. anyone else? bump.
#5ShinjiplPosted 3/13/2014 2:30:02 AM
A guy who was part of the team that wrote the guide (Veggy_UK) held a Dark Souls 2 livestream on Twitch where he also showcased secrets, hidden stuff. Whenever someone in the chat asked him about an alternate ending he kept replying "Who knows ? Maybe there is.." and other stuff like that. He could have been trolling or he really does know something.

Also, note that in NG+ you'll find exclusive content (enemies, weapons, equipment, dialogues) that you don't normally find in NG. So there's that to be considered.
#6darklink67Posted 3/13/2014 2:35:26 AM
I have the strategy guide, it doesn't say anything about a alternate final boss. Only new game plus info is that some enemies and bosses have new attacks and attack patterns, new enemy placement. There is new equipment. I HIGHLY doubt they would leave bosses out of the strategy guide. What Veggie said on stream was also misinterpreted, as was a lot of things.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls 2, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, Spyro 1-3
Last Completed: Tales of Xillia (8/10), Last Of Us (9/10)
#7ShinjiplPosted 3/13/2014 3:14:46 AM
darklink67 posted...
I have the strategy guide, it doesn't say anything about a alternate final boss. Only new game plus info is that some enemies and bosses have new attacks and attack patterns, new enemy placement. There is new equipment. I HIGHLY doubt they would leave bosses out of the strategy guide. What Veggie said on stream was also misinterpreted, as was a lot of things.

He didn't say anything about a different ending boss, he just hinted about an alternative ending cinematic. Just like in the first game you had "Link the Fire" and "Dark Lord" ending cinematics, but you still faced Gwyn as the final boss.