Good Titanite Shard Farming?

#1ottologistPosted 3/13/2014 7:56:53 AM
I have tons of large shards and come across the occasional chunk, but I can't for the life of me seem to get my hands on good old basic shards. I've exhausted the Majula Blacksmith's supply and haven't found the Iron Keep yet (And I really should but I have no ideas as to where to go, I've killed 3 other of the Primal Bonfire guys) so I can't get the one in Lost Bastille to sell me anything. Does anyone perchance know what enemies drop them or other sources? I seem to have exhausted most of the item finds for them around the game as most of the areas I've progressed to are either giving me large shards and chunks, and most of the other areas before them I've thoroughly explored.

Basically need some help finding the iron keep, a source of normal titanite shards besides the blacksmiths (Keep in mind I only need like 6, there's a specific weapon I want to try out upgraded versus my claymore). Enemy drops mostly would be helpful. Also some ideas as where to ascertain more chunks would be good (I'm assuming I'm going to find several on the way to the Iron Keep/in the Iron Keep, so I'm not too worried. I only need 6 for getting the weapon to +10, and the game practically handed me the first 6)
#2final_chancePosted 3/13/2014 8:01:10 AM
I've seen the hammer guys in Harvest Valley and Earthen Peak drop them. And Iron Keep is right after those areas. Harvest Valley is after Huntsman's Copse.

I'm more interested in your stack of Large Shards. I've only found enough to get one weapon to +6 which means I can't really try anything out even if I find something I like. Where are you finding them?
---
"Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters." PSN ID: FatBeezzee (no blank invites please)
#3ottologist(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2014 8:04:21 AM
How do I get to Huntsman's Copse then?
#4ottologist(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2014 8:10:41 AM
Also, I found a lot of shards on the area that leads down toward the spider boss, Brightstone Cove Tseldora I think it is, and areas further down is where I got most of my large shards and chunks.
A few in the shaded woods or wherever that place is, as well. by the way, do you know how to get the body down in that scorpion hag's boss room?
#5final_chancePosted 3/13/2014 8:12:51 AM
The miracle trainer in Heide will move to Majula after talking to her. She moves to that tunnel leading to Heide and operates the contraption there for 2000 souls. It will open the path to Copse.
---
"Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters." PSN ID: FatBeezzee (no blank invites please)
#6ottologist(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2014 8:12:53 AM
I remember more specifically now, most of the enemies near Doors of Pharros drop them (area inbetween brightstone Cove Tseldora and the boss at the end of the shaded wood) I was farming them hoping to get chunks and got several large shards, about 11 I think.
#7ottologist(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2014 8:14:22 AM
What miracle trainer in Heide? You mean the Tower of Flame area? I must've missed something.
#8final_chancePosted 3/13/2014 8:14:33 AM
Also there is an NPC in harvest valley that sells another stack of 10 regular shards. Hard to miss her.
---
#9final_chancePosted 3/13/2014 8:16:51 AM
ottologist posted...
What miracle trainer in Heide? You mean the Tower of Flame area? I must've missed something.

Yeah. She's after Dragonrider. Continuing on that path takes you to No Man's Wharf, which will lead to an alternate route to Lost Bastille. Wharf has a couple notable items, depending on your build.
---
#10Alphaone35Posted 3/13/2014 8:17:50 AM
the blacksmith in lost bastille sells large shards once you give him his ember