A tip concerning illusory walls some of you might not know.

#1PhantasmplusPosted 3/13/2014 9:08:44 AM
I know I didn't catch on for a little, but if there's an illusory wall then hitting it does nothing. You need to hit X to open it even though no prompt comes up. I've found a few like this, some with messages saying there's one and a few on my own.
---
When our guard is down I think we'll both agree that violence breeds violence.
But in the end it has to be this way.
#2Prototype909Posted 3/13/2014 9:09:15 AM
too bad if the message is in the way it doesn't work
---
4184 1676 1097
#3TheRobotArmPosted 3/13/2014 9:16:55 AM
Thanks for the tip. So do you just go around spamming X(ps3) on all walls? Serious question btw.
---
I stream stuff. twitch.tv/robotarm
#4Phantasmplus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2014 9:19:18 AM
If it looks suspicious then yeah. It's how I've found most of the ones on my own. Some walls are noticeably different though. You can see a schism and the wall is a veeeeery slightly different colour.
---
When our guard is down I think we'll both agree that violence breeds violence.
But in the end it has to be this way.
#5TheRobotArmPosted 3/13/2014 9:39:17 AM
Time to go spam some walls.
---
I stream stuff. twitch.tv/robotarm
#6Frozen-ShadowPosted 3/13/2014 9:46:42 AM
Whaaaaaat? Are you serious? I was wondering why I kept seeing illusionary wall messages left by players and then attacking it and nothing. Why the hell would they change discovering them to pressing X? God damn it.
---
*insert random pseudo-intellectual/quasi-humorous/narcissistic sig here*
#7EleventyishPosted 3/13/2014 10:05:45 AM
Frozen-Shadow posted...
Whaaaaaat? Are you serious? I was wondering why I kept seeing illusionary wall messages left by players and then attacking it and nothing. Why the hell would they change discovering them to pressing X? God damn it.

Probably because durability goes down with every weapon swing.
#8SetisPosted 3/13/2014 10:13:24 AM
Heh it took me 5 minutes as a phantom yesterday to get the host to click X to open a secret wall. Poor guy kept hitting it every time I'd point to it and I'm yelling at my TV "No, hit "x" now dude!". Finally he did.
#9VitharPosted 3/13/2014 10:14:48 AM
really? lol maybe i'll stop breaking my swords now
---
PSN: Vithar ~ Xbox: Vithar360
#10ryokoalwaysPosted 3/13/2014 10:18:15 AM
There are various types of walls now I think.

There is the type one where you had to press a button (no interact prompt) to open.

There is also the type that you need to break by attacking.

And there is a 3rd type that doesn't actually open by attacking unless a condition is met. At least in one instance, it requires the lockstone to shine a light on the wall.