PvP Domination: Bleed or Poison?

#1SlashinfoolzPosted 3/13/2014 9:33:25 AM
For starters, how does bleeding and poison work in this game besides the damage over time, i remember in the other souls games, bleeding fractioned your health and poison cut healing, how does it work here?

And, what do you guys think is superior in player versus player combat? Bleed upgrade on a weapon or the poison path?
---
PSN>Slashinfoolz
Gamertag> Hellrazors69
#2RemoteiPosted 3/13/2014 9:35:09 AM
Bleed seems not very good. It's the same as before taking a percentage of HP while Poison does hundreds if not thousands of damage in a few seconds. I've killed a lot of players with Toxic Mist.
#3ShadowofRazgrizPosted 3/13/2014 9:48:00 AM
bleed affects Stamina now
#4DuneManPosted 3/13/2014 9:49:42 AM
Yeah, Poison can make some rapid DoT damage this time around, while Bleed cuts HP and a portion of the opponent's maximum stamina for a time.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#5Slashinfoolz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2014 9:50:32 AM
Remotei posted...
Bleed seems not very good. It's the same as before taking a percentage of HP while Poison does hundreds if not thousands of damage in a few seconds. I've killed a lot of players with Toxic Mist.

What do you think is better?
---
PSN>Slashinfoolz
Gamertag> Hellrazors69
#6Slashinfoolz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2014 10:22:53 AM
Bump
---
PSN>Slashinfoolz
Gamertag> Hellrazors69
#7SolidKnightPosted 3/13/2014 10:26:57 AM
Bleed cuts stamina for a short while and reduces mobility for a second or two.
#8kabasaPosted 3/13/2014 10:28:16 AM
Poison > Bleed imho.
Unless your poison stat is incredibly high even when blocking a few hits and you're poisoned.
And Poison does an insane amount of damage, its like Toxic in Dark souls 1 but on crack.
---
Eddie: Ill be back soon covered in Metal God love.
Ozzy: Oh god...
#9Slashinfoolz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2014 10:45:00 AM
kabasa posted...
Poison > Bleed imho.
Unless your poison stat is incredibly high even when blocking a few hits and you're poisoned.
And Poison does an insane amount of damage, its like Toxic in Dark souls 1 but on crack.

Its hard to decide. Is it enough of a stamina cut to be more viable in pvp than poison? And does poison cut healing?
---
PSN>Slashinfoolz
Gamertag> Hellrazors69
#10Devil_Killer_JCPosted 3/13/2014 10:50:11 AM
Slashinfoolz posted...
kabasa posted...
Poison > Bleed imho.

Its hard to decide. Is it enough of a stamina cut to be more viable in pvp than poison? And does poison cut healing?

No, you can still heal while poisoned, but it's not going to help much in the long run. As other's have said, poison does an INSANE amount of damage over time. 10 seconds is probably way more than enough to kill players with high health (I'm talking more than 1,200 HP here).

Bleed isn't bad at all, but compared to poison, it's meh at best.
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS, Nintendo ID: Devil_JCS, 3DS FC: 4596-9592-6480 IGN: James
biohazardmercenaries.com