HELP! As i was setting the controller down it bumped r2 and killed the girl that

#21TerantatekPosted 3/13/2014 11:54:12 AM
dontyoulookatme posted...
Demons souls.
Me: This is a game that's advertised as very difficult and it saves automatically every 5 seconds. There's a person who levels you up. Let me not attack them just in case.

Gamefaqs:Help! I attacked the person who levels you up!

Dark Souls: This game's marketing takes the difficulty thing to almost unnecessary levels. Things can kill me in one hit and the game saves every 5 seconds. Oh look, friendly NPCs. They may have items not easy to come by. I know how the swinging works. Let me watch my self when I have a weapon drawn next to them.

Gamefaqs: Help! I killed bladdyblah!

Dark Souls 2: There's a person who levels me up in this Majula place, and shopkeepers have very limited inventory. I've been killed because I accidentally spammed/ hit the attack button instead of roll or heal. Majula has a lot of wide open spaces. Let me make sure I'm not near anyone before I set the controller down.

Gamefaqs: Help, I killed the herald!

Wow, I have 9.5 million souls and I'm in human form. I really want to make a sandwich though. I'm far away from NPCs and enemies, but I'm still in human form. Might as well quit the game for a sec and come right back.

Gamefaqs: Help, invaders killed me and took my 9.5 million souls when I wasn't by the TV!

Common sense and gamefaqs do not mix.

---
"The best revenge is to live a happy life"
Love, Peace, 420-14/7. Living in Euphoria
#22ballinsoldier1Posted 3/13/2014 11:57:04 AM
It's amazing how sensitive R2 bumpers are...

I lightly put the controller down and R2 attack! Lean over to pick it up.. R2 attack!

Thankfully I was in an empty corridor.
---
PSN: tdizzle00
#23DarkSoldierX99Posted 3/13/2014 11:58:23 AM
Wow the Dark Souls fanboy community has to be the absolute worst trash there is. You guys defend what is such an obvious bad game design. I sneezed and dropped my controller and the same thing happened to me. Luckily I was in the beginning of the game and my sword was weak so she survived. But if it happens again or my gf picks up and fools around with the game and accidently hits her I'm screwed because now I rock a sword that can kill her in one hit. If the first 2 games didn't tie your ONLY way of leveling up to an npc why does this game have to? Does it make it more hardcore?

Ok so if you like things that unfair how about this one? How about after you die so many times your health eventually drops to 0, and when it does you turn hollow and have to start the game over again. Oh how about once you start over you are unable to pick up any items or equipment and if you die just once your playstation catches on fire? Also the fire is unable to be put out and it catches your whole house on fire? There that hardcore enough for all you fanboys that defend every dumb game design decision made? The sad part is I can totally see someone saying "so all your stuff and pets got burnt to nothing?....LOLWELCOMETODARKSOULSHERPDERP!"
---
3DS FC: 0533-4296-8286
#24Ps2TwilightPosted 3/13/2014 11:59:39 AM
dontyoulookatme posted...
Horrible design? Only From software has the GUTS to do this in their games.

YOU GUYS NEED TO LEARN THROUGH TOUGH LOVE!
http://ultimategamedb.com/Images/Comics/Dark%20Souls%20Comic.jpg

What an incredibly smug picture, tbh.
---
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i157/Arcana_photos/logo.gif
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i157/Arcana_photos/ps2twilight.png
#25dontyoulookatmePosted 3/13/2014 12:01:14 PM
YOU CAN'T PAUSE THE FREAKING GAME!

IT SAVES AUTOMATICALLY IN SECONDS' TIME SPAN!

NPCS THAT DIE STAY DEAD!

And God forbid they don't spoon feed you and say "You are about to hit this NPC. Are you sure you want to do that?" "We've detected that you are going to the bathtroom. Would you like us to transport you away from NPC JUST IN CASE OH I DUNNO, YOU HIT THE BUTTON AND KILL THEM, or have you got this one?

Don't blame the game for this. Blame the game for the flaws of the game. The legitimate flaws. The problems, and things they did wrong.

But this? This is your own fault.
---
Don't look at me like that
#26JacknicklsonPosted 3/13/2014 12:01:43 PM
DarkSoldierX99 posted...
Wow the Dark Souls fanboy community has to be the absolute worst trash there is. You guys defend what is such an obvious bad game design. I sneezed and dropped my controller and the same thing happened to me. Luckily I was in the beginning of the game and my sword was weak so she survived. But if it happens again or my gf picks up and fools around with the game and accidently hits her I'm screwed because now I rock a sword that can kill her in one hit. If the first 2 games didn't tie your ONLY way of leveling up to an npc why does this game have to? Does it make it more hardcore?

Ok so if you like things that unfair how about this one? How about after you die so many times your health eventually drops to 0, and when it does you turn hollow and have to start the game over again. Oh how about once you start over you are unable to pick up any items or equipment and if you die just once your playstation catches on fire? Also the fire is unable to be put out and it catches your whole house on fire? There that hardcore enough for all you fanboys that defend every dumb game design decision made? The sad part is I can totally see someone saying "so all your stuff and pets got burnt to nothing?....LOLWELCOMETODARKSOULSHERPDERP!"

The first game relied on an NPC as well
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/LegendofJerZ.png
#27GlickWickPosted 3/13/2014 12:02:29 PM
You can temporarily revive her if you find her tombstone. The game doesn't let you completely screw yourself like this, thankfully.
#28friendo87Posted 3/13/2014 12:02:33 PM
DarkSoldierX99 posted...

Slippery slope fallacy dude. Being able to kill any NPC is not the same as your house burning down in real life. It makes sense in the context of the game and it's been that way for 3 games now.

Also you had to level up at an NPC in Demon's Souls.
#29dontyoulookatmePosted 3/13/2014 12:03:16 PM
Have you guys never played an online game? OOOOH I GOT SHOT BY THAT SNIPER BECAUSE I WAS AWAY FROM THE CONTROLLER, OMG SUCH BAD DESIGN
MUCH NOT MY FAULT
MANY COMMON SENSE
WOW
---
Don't look at me like that
#30gregbmil1Posted 3/13/2014 12:05:51 PM
I almost did the same thing. Lucky for me is was early in the game and I did not kill her. I have to ask, what did she drop when you killed her?