Getting Started: Tips for New Players

#11Suffer_NotPosted 3/13/2014 7:27:00 PMmessage detail
Something else to remember is that, in addition to weapons and armor, you can also reinforce your catalysts/chimes through the Blacksmith which increases their spell damage. I've seen +1 rings, so there must be a way to reinforce those as well, but I don't know exactly how.
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#12DuneMan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2014 7:30:25 PMmessage detail
Suffer_Not posted...
I've seen +1 rings, so there must be a way to reinforce those as well, but I don't know exactly how.

Those are actually uniquely different rings, no forging necessary.

And yeah, spell casting implements scale with your [attribute] BNS value and the related damage stat.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#13Ehw1Posted 3/13/2014 7:47:08 PMmessage detail
Very nice! Thank you
---
I am from Beyond. Slay your enemies and all you desire shall be yours. 2208 5948 3674
#14LordShogun_SASPosted 3/13/2014 9:48:36 PMmessage detail
What are the requirements to summon/put down your white soap stone? My stone is always grayed out and I've yet to see a summon sign anywhere.
---
PSN: LordShogun
DD:DA / Pawn: Lita level 120 Sorcerer
#15Element_PearlPosted 3/13/2014 10:36:08 PMmessage detail
Oh hey, look at this. A newbie information topic that's not covered in weird random capitals.
---
Official Holy Dragon Nall of the First Generation.
#16LordBalanskiPosted 3/13/2014 11:03:16 PMmessage detail
Awesome guide man. I'd recommend you say which beginning class is good for what. For example which class is good for a quality build, strength build etc.
#17DuneMan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2014 1:40:10 AMmessage detail
LordShogun_SAS posted...
What are the requirements to summon/put down your white soap stone? My stone is always grayed out and I've yet to see a summon sign anywhere.

Warning: You cannot use summons nor leave a summon sign for others if you are in the Company of Champions.
---
#18lafoftophPosted 3/14/2014 1:48:42 AMmessage detail
Newbies don't limit yourselves to knight and cleric- figure out what you want. The rest of the info here is really important.
#19DuneMan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2014 2:03:02 AMmessage detail
Another tip for magic users:

- You can upgrade your catalysts or chimes at the blacksmith. They tend to have different scaling values for sorcery, miracles, or hexes.

- Look at the two scaling values on these items to compare their normal scaling and their scaling for hexes. Some tools are better suited for one spell type over another.
---
#20TraskenPosted 3/14/2014 4:23:13 AMmessage detail
cloranthy ring (spelling?) is REALLY useful, forget where it is though, i think in the first place where you need to use a pharros lockstone
---
That's GRAND MASTER Bushido Brown to you, boy!