Berserker Blade?

#11Faded_SpiritPosted 3/15/2014 6:56:11 PM
OldKye posted...
Faded_Spirit posted...
rkenshin13 posted...
I watched a stream where someone had the weapon already. So people out there do have it.

Interesting, that's good to know then. Thanks.

My guess is NG+ from the wiki and what I'm reading there is like twice the special drop mobs and bosses in NG+ over NG some super spells and miracles also seem to be NG+ only.

The drop comes from a red phantom samurai sorcerer supposedly. I just wanted to know if anyone knew the location, haha.
#12OldKyePosted 3/15/2014 6:58:35 PM
googled your red phantom and the blade and got.

Berserker Blade
Acquired from Dark Spirit: Samurai Sorcerer (NG+)
18 STR (D), 18 DEX (B)
160 -> 240 physical

From another topic http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/693331-dark-souls-ii/68754916

I'd like to know where now too.
#13final_chancePosted 3/15/2014 7:01:43 PM(edited)
I have it, though I think I got it via some bug if official information saying it's supposed to be NG+ only.

Anywho, I was in Belfry Sol. Got summoned. I died and returned to me world, and when I did there was a red phantom NPC that was never there before waiting for me. He was dual wielding katanas. I killed him and he dropped the sword. I rested at a bonfire and came back. He was there again and this time he dropped some kind of mask. Rested again but he didn't show up anymore after that.

I haven't beaten the game yet so obviously not NG+, and I've never used an Ascetic either.
---
"Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters." PSN ID: FatBeezzee (no blank invites please)
#14Leventhan26Posted 3/15/2014 7:02:04 PM
You get this weapon from the random spawning red phantom in the second bell keeper tower, you don't need to be ng+
#15Faded_SpiritPosted 3/15/2014 7:08:50 PM
Leventhan26 posted...
You get this weapon from the random spawning red phantom in the second bell keeper tower, you don't need to be ng+

Is the drop 100%? What's the chance of the phantom spawning?
#16Leventhan26Posted 3/15/2014 7:10:17 PM
Faded_Spirit posted...
Leventhan26 posted...

So far he spawns infinitely, I am using him to level up the bell keeper cov and he keeps showing up, I just don't know what causes it besides sitting up on bell keeper roof and then going back to the fire every once in a while. I have killed him 5-8 times and he dropped it once but I am not using any item discovery.
#17lucidevil2Posted 3/15/2014 7:12:52 PM
I'll show you a spot I went to to look for all of these cool/unique items.

"Chaos Blade
Location: This weapon can be obtained from Weaponsmith Ornifex (Soul Trade) in New Game/New Game Plus. You will require Petrified Dragon Bone in order to reinforce it. As for the repairing, it can be done with 1265 souls."

http://segmentnext.com/2014/03/14/dark-souls-2-weapons-locations-unique-and-rare-weapons-guide/2/
#18Faded_SpiritPosted 3/15/2014 7:13:00 PM
Leventhan26 posted...
Faded_Spirit posted...
Leventhan26 posted...

So far he spawns infinitely, I am using him to level up the bell keeper cov and he keeps showing up, I just don't know what causes it besides sitting up on bell keeper roof and then going back to the fire every once in a while. I have killed him 5-8 times and he dropped it once but I am not using any item discovery.

Awesome, thanks for the info! May I ask the exact spot he spawns at in Belfry Sol?
#19lucidevil2Posted 3/15/2014 7:13:45 PM
Misread, sorry, can't delete messages on here I guess...
But the link still has the info.

"Berserker Blade
Location: This weapon can be acquired from defeating Samurai Sorcerer in New Game Plus. It can be reinforced using Twinkling Titanite & repaired with 1340 souls."
#20Leventhan26Posted 3/15/2014 7:15:53 PM(edited)
Faded_Spirit posted...
Leventhan26 posted...
Faded_Spirit posted...
Leventhan26 posted...

Awesome, thanks for the info! May I ask the exact spot he spawns at in Belfry Sol?

Its in a corner right before the ladder, he does not invade he will just be standing there.

When you enter you kill two of the dwarfs and then move up and turn left he will be right there near the ladder tower.