Greatsword or pursuer greatsword?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. Greatsword or pursuer greatsword?

User Info: Second_Hokage

Second_Hokage
2 years ago#1
Which is better?

User Info: Second_Hokage

Second_Hokage
2 years ago#2
Bump. Someone?

User Info: Hannibal_Morgan

Hannibal_Morgan
2 years ago#3
i need one of these oh my god. i absolutely cannot find the guy to give the pursuer's soul to, and I don't think i'll meet the intelligence requirement anyway. and I have no idea where any other ultra greatswords are. whole point of my build and i'm not even going to get one.

this is suffering
3gud5u scrub
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnlXkbBBsbo

User Info: RuneMaster no2

RuneMaster no2
2 years ago#4
Greatsword:
Max DMG: 400
STR: C
DEX: D

Pursuer:
Max DMG: 390
STR: B
DEX: C

Seems like the Pursuer will have higher damage overall but there's one problem. It needs Petrified Dragon Bone to upgrade and that sounds super rare. Greatsword is just titanite.

EDIT: Pursuer Greatsword also requires 18 DEX to wield whereas the Greatsword only needs 10 so that's something to consider.

User Info: Archwing3441

Archwing3441
2 years ago#5
I'm using greatsword because it's easier to upgrade. At the moment, the scaling is an A at level +7
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html

User Info: SP00NM4N

SP00NM4N
2 years ago#6
I upgraded the Pursuer's GS to +2, and it gains an A in str scaling. Using the mastodon halberd atm however. Difficult to find petrified dragon bones
PSN: SonOfAtreus91

User Info: Walkman_005

Walkman_005
2 years ago#7
The pursuer, Imo, has the worse moveset.

It's first move is aan overhead vertical, then a horizontal slash.

The normal greatsword has the horizontal first, Imo, that is better for mobs.

User Info: Vidmor

Vidmor
2 years ago#8
Pursuer's GS has those higher stat requirements, and the rarer upgrade materials, as mentioned. It really comes down to which moveset you prefer. The regular GS is also larger, though I don't know if that legitimately effects the range of attacks. I would say stick to the GS, for starters. I'm trying to remain spoiler free, but I know that there are more ultras to be found later in the game.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. Greatsword or pursuer greatsword?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived