1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. Greatsword or pursuer greatsword?
2 years ago#1
Which is better?
2 years ago#2
Bump. Someone?
2 years ago#3
i need one of these oh my god. i absolutely cannot find the guy to give the pursuer's soul to, and I don't think i'll meet the intelligence requirement anyway. and I have no idea where any other ultra greatswords are. whole point of my build and i'm not even going to get one.

this is suffering
3gud5u scrub
2 years ago#4
Max DMG: 400

Max DMG: 390

Seems like the Pursuer will have higher damage overall but there's one problem. It needs Petrified Dragon Bone to upgrade and that sounds super rare. Greatsword is just titanite.

EDIT: Pursuer Greatsword also requires 18 DEX to wield whereas the Greatsword only needs 10 so that's something to consider.
2 years ago#5
I'm using greatsword because it's easier to upgrade. At the moment, the scaling is an A at level +7
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
2 years ago#6
I upgraded the Pursuer's GS to +2, and it gains an A in str scaling. Using the mastodon halberd atm however. Difficult to find petrified dragon bones
PSN: SonOfAtreus91
2 years ago#7
The pursuer, Imo, has the worse moveset.

It's first move is aan overhead vertical, then a horizontal slash.

The normal greatsword has the horizontal first, Imo, that is better for mobs.
2 years ago#8
Pursuer's GS has those higher stat requirements, and the rarer upgrade materials, as mentioned. It really comes down to which moveset you prefer. The regular GS is also larger, though I don't know if that legitimately effects the range of attacks. I would say stick to the GS, for starters. I'm trying to remain spoiler free, but I know that there are more ultras to be found later in the game.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. Greatsword or pursuer greatsword?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived